Doom III Review

[killa_bunny] said:
Am I really the only person that honestly doesnt give a flying fcuk about Doom 3??
You're not alone.
tongue.gif

Yes, I agree.

No, wait. I officially hate each and every person who gets this game before me.

Of course your not alone, everyone has their own preference, but why bother putting a downer on a thread where people are interested?

Interested?

Not once, but twice have I bought a top of the range graphics card to play this game. If there is a serious error discovered and the game is somehow recalled, I am afraid I will have to go all manhunt on em.

That's some dedication :)

I think I'm only willing to spend money on hardware for HL2, and even then I'm not looking to spend too much.

Well it was a kind of HL2/Doom3 are coming madness kind of thing.
Naturally both let me down.

Then in the same week I get both Counter-strike: Source and Doom III...
But not this week :p
10th CS:S
13th Doom III

heh. EP, wish i had money to go out and buy better stuffs. though.... My pc should handle HL2 quite nicely the way it is now. surprisingly enough.... i MIGHT even be interested in playing CS:S, but not sure how one will get it if one doesn't have CS:CZ or a HL2 coupon.

my PC
Asus a7n8x deluxe
1gb (2x512 dual channel) Geil Ultra 400
AMD barton 3200
ATI radeon 9700 pro (4.7 cats\DX9c)

not a real benchmark, but i can play doomIII perfectly well on high settings @ 1024x768
looks absolutley lovelly, very smooth....i can only begin too wonder what it would look like on ultra settings @ 1600x1200 with full AA & AF.. but no way i could justify a new card just for that..

A friend of mine just picked up an Athlon 64 3800+. I'd like to see how Doom III looks on his 9800 XT...

now if only they could bring out a half interesting game with gfx like d3:)

run, shoot, torch, run, shoot, torch
Zzzzzzzzzzz

monsters are gettin sooooo predictable now:(

im looking forward to doom 3... but is it juts me or would anyone like a new side scrolling mario... lol i love just sitting back and playing it on roms... but its getting old.

well doom3 is pretty damn scary.

and yes, we need some side scrollers, those were the best. the mario games were great, but the best side scroller has got to be the metal slug series.

ooooh... Metal Slug... *drools*. too bad can't get the console version. though a) the console costs a fortune, b) the games cost a fortune (like King of Fighters 2004 which i think they said would cost like $150), and c) emulators are free. :)

ElementalDragon said:
ooooh... Metal Slug... *drools*. too bad can't get the console version. though a) the console costs a fortune, b) the games cost a fortune (like King of Fighters 2004 which i think they said would cost like $150), and c) emulators are free. :)
What console is it you talk of? Neo Geo? :p

Well I was semi-excited for Doom 3, and after about a half hour playing it.... I'm bored. I'm on the third or fourth level I think, and I'm already losing the will to play. I guess I'm not one for confined factory settings with no map, where all you do is run and shoot.

It bothers me so much how easily I get lost in that place. They all talk to you and give you directions like you've lived there for years. Maybe I'm being a little picky, but it doesn't make sense to me why after all the craziness begins you are given a higher clearnace level, but still not full clearance. I swear, they gave me clearance so I could complete another objective, then when I got there I already needed another clearnace. I bet commander general whatever his name is would feel pretty stupid if he knew that I was running from a monster and the reason I got killed was because I reached a door that I didn't have access to.

The graphics are quite nice, of course, but after a bit it all starts to look the same. At this point I'd kill for some battles out on the surface, or maybe even some vehicles.

I am in awe of the game...played about an hour on high settings and love it...I have been scared out of my pants a few times and I can't believe the detail and work that went into it...I am in love with this game already and hope I don't bored like ketchup did...

I think the reason I love it so much is that it is just like the early doom games with just updated everything...I love it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back