Doom 3 - Distort Sound..help...

Nismo83

OSNN AZN Addict
Help.. i'm getting distort and cut off sound in Doom3 when only in Surround Mode.. What's happening?

i've install latest driver for my s/card, v/card and etc.

Here's my machine

siggy.gif

Known problem that the A2 distorts in games. May wanna hit the creative forums and look around, or maybe someone here knows a work around.

When it does it I just go into options and switch to stereo then back to surround and it fixes it. Happens very rarely. I'm running onboard Nvida Nforce 2 Soundstorm sound by the way...

wachtourak said:
When it does it I just go into options and switch to stereo then back to surround and it fixes it. Happens very rarely. I'm running onboard Nvida Nforce 2 Soundstorm sound by the way...
yup.. that's the problem. I bind a key for it to restart the sound whenever it does in surround mode but it happen too frequent so.. no choice but to play in stereo mode with CMSS on. Sighz..

bind <key> "s_restart"

i solved my prob..

my own solution..

1. Remove all present driver
2. Reboot my PC
3. Install the latest driver
4. Reboot PC again
5. Tested good.

Not sure why.. but my previous installation of drivers are already all up to date. hmm.. weird huh?!? but it solved the prob.

I'm experienceing a sound glitch - when moving the walking "step" sound is intermixed with a kind of "ssst" sound.

I tried disabling the onboard soundmax 5.1 and re-installing my old SB 128 card. No change. Wierd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back