Don't laugh

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Now, the thing is, the missus wanted a programme called 'IncrediMail' whilst we were on AOL dialup, but AOL would not allow any e-mails to go through server.

Now we are on Broadband (still AOL) but accessing this programme via IE, it still thinks that AOL is the server, and will not acces as it has AOL as default. Rather than slag off AOL, can some kind person tell me how to get this programme to stop AOL acting as default? (have tried uninstalling etc, but no joy - it looks like it is going to send, but then blocks).

why? - u should understand that a woman will not accept previous answer..

Incredimail free version is stuffed with spies of all denominations.

You allow a Woman to tell you what to do?

ohh tayyy

here I go...hang on, it's one of my favorite rants;

first, as far as mail clients are concerned, it is the biggest resource hog on the face of planet earth, and probably in the entire universe.

next, even if you try to un install it, you will not be able to do it... unless you have great and mighty ability that equals or surpasses the legendary "dealer". (dealer was last heard from when he was going in to amputate "incredimail" from a client...no one has seen hide nor hair of him since that very night)

legend has it this program can even survive a reformat...true DAT!

now, once installed, if you try to close it down, it will not allow you to...it will remain stealing your valuable resources and bandwidth though you've tried to close it down...this might even be true if you use a right click from the tray, and it might even be true if you pulverize the process through task manager.

now, some of the above are exaggerations, but only slight...the next thing I'm about to write sounds like an exaggeration, but it is not, it is absolutely true;

IN THE USER AGREEMENT, EVEN IN THE PRO VERSION, (and you've agreed to this) THE PROGRAM CLAIMS TO OWN ANYTHING YOU ASSOCIATE WITH IT!!!

THIS INCLUDES EMAIL YOU SEND, EMAIL YOU RECEIVE, EVEN ATTACHMENTS YOU SEND AND RECEIVE.

read the user agreement...it is the nastiest agreement in dimensional space.

not done yet

furthermore, when you send an email, this program steals your bandwidth with blobs of code that might possibly be amusing the first time someone receives it, but not more then the once.

now, that's not so bad, since you know you are using up your own bandwidth...BUT WHAT IS BAD IS WHOEVER YOU SEND MAIL TO HAS TO SPEND MORE TIME AND BANDWIDTH WAITING FOR THESE RIDICULOUS CARTOONS TO DOWNLOAD...and after the first time, they are at the very best, annoying.

that's pretty bad right there, and I have more in the next installment if you are still interested

Incredimail should be banned, its bastardisation of emails causes me no end of problems at work. It's a bloody joke!

C'mon Tiboh - you're a man? No? Ask Perris for the next installment! We all want to know... or rather hear it from Perris himself!

This thread is just about the best thing about Incredimail, just don't let the missus read it, eh?

he he - she who must be obeyed insisted on installing the damn thing, so I did, then run Ad-aware just to show her the amount of spyware that was on. I then told her it had automatically disabled virus checker & firewall - so we are NOW an incredimail free 'puter again (took her out for a nice meal at our local Austrian chow houese, and all is well)

perris said:
next, even if you try to un install it, you will not be able to do it... unless you have great and mighty ability that equals or surpasses the legendary "dealer". (dealer was last heard from when he was going in to amputate "incredimail" from a client...no one has seen hide nor hair of him since that very night)
I removed incredimail a while ago (along with many other things) when I was having pc prob's and it uninstalled without any bother.
Turned out it wasn't the cause of the problems,was something my daughter had done :rolleyes:

if either of you do a registry scan, you will se a thousand registry entries remain

I did do that and there is nothing whatsoever to do with incredimail in there :p

interesting - I am very glad tibboh got things sorted OK and all he had to do to keep everything sweet was eat out! Wish everything in life had such a nice resolution, eh....

Nice one anyway, and as for Perris and Marge, mayeb there are variations on incredimail? Maybe it is a bit like the Kazaalite versus full on Kazaa sort of situation? Not that I know anything about it....

Could be,I read many reports thats incredimail is tough to remove but as I said I got rid of it without any hassle :D

I distrust "FREE" programs off the internet. I know a coupla people who use incrapdemail, and the icons look like crap. These are the same people who constantly have PC problems and think that another program that they bought at Wal-Mart fo $12 is going to fix everything, including the toaster.

My parents are a prime example, and my brother. He owns a E-machines, the lowest form of slime on the face of the earth.

Steevo said:
I distrust "FREE" programs off the internet. I know a coupla people who use incrapdemail, and the icons look like crap. These are the same people who constantly have PC problems and think that another program that they bought at Wal-Mart fo $12 is going to fix everything, including the toaster.

My parents are a prime example, and my brother. He owns a E-machines, the lowest form of slime on the face of the earth.

There is some really good "FREE" stuff outhere and crappy looking icons are no reason not to use a program.
As for e machine's,that's what my pc is and I have never had anything wrong with it,only things that ever seem to go wrong are "shareware" progs :rolleyes:

Open source is fine. I use it on a few machines here.

I still don't like e-machines, I have fixed a few. But if you are looking for a very basic PC it is the way to go. I have and always will prefer building, or a Dell or IBM.

The ***(flashing banner) !!!!! YOU HAVE WON A PRIZE!!!! CLICK HERE!!!! FREE SOFTWARE!!!! ****

Is what I don't trust, and no matter how many times I tell people, they still click.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back