Don't forget to activate Windows on your ATM's

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
russian-windows-atm.jpg

I saw this last week. It doesn't surprise me given the local.

In Amsterdam I travel always by streetcar (tram). In the newer ones they have put in tv screens that show commercials (ofcourse) and local news. Most of the time these tv screens show windows errors though... I'll take a picture of it next time and post it here to.

Would be a nice idea to start a thread about windows errors and messages on the funniest places (with pictures of it to prove it)

It totally surprises me that they would use windows on a ATM machine. Wouldn't you think you would use a more secure and stable (over the long run) OS? If not some proprietary OS with the basic functions required to do its job.

Funny Though :p

They used OS2 for a long time but IBM stop supporting it. They said OS2 would run forever without rebooting.

OS2 was EXTREMELY stable.

I've seen more and more machines pop up with Windows XP on them, the Fry's self-checkout counter uses them as well, and they had an error message up as well when the screen's touch display was not properly plugged in, missing hardware. Also, when you get there at 0500 they are booting em into Windows XP.

I had windows 95 stripped down version run non stop for over 5 months on a daily work computer. The only reason it went off was from a power loss.

Anything is stable unless you are beating it to death or have ****ty apps.

That windows 95 box was a move to new hardware. No new installation, I just went berzerker on the registry and system files. I was a 233Mhz P2 box (HP branded) and it became a 550 K6-2 and Rage card box. It was beautiful to behold.

But yar, Windowz ME sucked bawlz untill you stripped it of all the excess crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back