don't buy from Circuit City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Circuit City is doing…Well it’s just bad business (it’s what business has become the last 15 years or so, fire the people that helped make your company so you don’t owe them anything and before these people cost you money at an older age) that company didn’t fire the worthless employees that didn’t care!!! They fired the ones that helped make Circuit City and stuck by over the years when business had its up’s and downs. They fired the loyal employees that I’m sure would help the company out of a slump and still stand behind Circuit City as a whole.

Sometimes a company has to trim the fat so to speak but if you want a strong company to emerge you trim the fat in the right places!!!

AS I said in my other post Circuit City will not get much if any of my money from here on!

Now for what Sears has done in 1991 and again in 2003.
(Now this is good business, you do all you can for an employee)

Sears Maintains Benefits for Military Reservists

April 2, 2003
For military reservists called to active duty, economic worries can be worse than the fears and stresses connected with military service. One major employer -- Sears, Roebuck & Co. -- makes the load a little lighter for its employees.
Sears goes far beyond the requirements of the federal law that protects reservists' jobs. The Illinois-based retailer offers differential pay to full-time employees who serve in the military. That is, the company will kick in money to make up the difference if an employee earns less through military service than through his or her job at Sears. The company offered the same benefit during Operation Desert Storm, in 1991.
It recently extended its program of military pay differential to 24 months. It had previously been 12.
"I think it helps relieve some of the stress of the families over here," said Sears spokeswoman Janice R. Drummond.
Besides making up any difference in pay, Sears permits reservists who are full-time employees to continue participating in the company's life insurance, medical and dental programs, if they choose. The company will also hold a comparable position for these individuals for up to five years.

LINK

This thread cracks me up. Even though I agree with some of the points of view, it is blatantly obvious that some of you need more real life experience. =]

< insert standing ovation heeyah !!! >

:beard:

It is their job to cut costs however they see fit. Very, very, very rarely will you see an executive cut their own pay in favor of keeping skilled workers. It is so rare in fact, that if it was announced that the executives were cutting their pay instead of firing workers, we would all be in here saying what a great company Circuit City must be to work for to have executives that actually care for their employees.

Instead, it is the usual BS about million dollar bonuses for cutting costs and firings of employees.

That being said: I will not shop there any more. I shopped there rarely, but I have stopped now.
And...
What's to say the Executives don't deserve that money?

Take the silver spoon out of your mouth for a minute. Put yourself in their (the employees who were laid off) and think about how you would feel if this happened to you.

I agree with some of your points, but you have to think outside the box (your comfort zone) once in a while.

Not in my book.
You know my stance, don't care about ethics, don't care about people.
As long as you provide a good product and keep your customers, preferably happy, then it is a good business.

That pretty much sums it up and is the sole reason we won't agree.

Why?
Businesses are to make money, and really thats all, if they create a job, thats a by product, if they have happy customers, that is also a by product.
In the end, businesses are only to make money.
Not in my book.
You know my stance, don't care about ethics, don't care about people.
As long as you provide a good product and keep your customers, preferably happy, then it is a good business.
Those are some pretty sad statements and make me weep for the future of the world..

Have the names such as Ponzi, Ivar Kreugar, Ivan Boesky, WorldCom, S&L Collapse, Adelphia, Tyco, Enron, Martha Stewart Scandal, etc.. taught you nothing about the need for ethics in business?

edit: remind me never to buy anything from your slyce pc business.. as you are only in it to make money, I can safely assume you will cut every corner to make more money for yourself.

I don't care about the employees...
If i were to get laid off, i would offer a salary decrease if i absolutely loved the job... other than that, i would leave and go find another job...

K, will do...
That is my sole goal... to make money, it is unfortunate that all you people will not ever be rich... I guess...

Those are some pretty sad statements and make me weep for the future of the world..

Have the names such as Ponzi, Ivar Kreugar, Ivan Boesky, WorldCom, S&L Collapse, Adelphia, Tyco, Enron, Martha Stewart Scandal, etc.. taught you nothing about the need for ethics in business?

I don't think Vanq would have this same attitude if he didn't have the financial backing that he does. One thing he fails to realize is that larger companies, such as Circuit City, are nothing without their employees; especially one that has been with the company for 20 years. Those employees helped build and shape that company.

Now Vanq, you don't have employees. So think of your customers. You are nothing without them. What would you do without them?

I don't think Vanq would have this same attitude if he didn't have the financial backing that he does. One thing he fails to realize is that larger companies, such as Circuit City, are nothing without their employees; especially one that has been with the company for 20 years. Those employees helped build and shape that company.

Now Vanq, you don't have employees. So think of your customers. You are nothing without them. What would you do without them?
Well, since the customers supply me with revenue...
Thats really not the same at all as having employees, since i pay the employees... not the other way around.

I do have employees at the company i work for.
About 1200 of them... We don't pay them ****, starting wage is about 12 an hour to run a machine, that quickly increases within a year to 23 an hour, then tops off at about 30 an hour. We have loyal employees, but i tell you the majority of them, don't care one way or another, its not like they can't find another job, if they dont like a rule the company has, be it safety or something, they simply leave...

No risk in losing your job because of your father or another family member? The company is nothing without the employees; without them you have no one to run those "machines".

Furthermore, customers are like employees. They both cost money. Granted, employees cost more. But my point is, without customers the business is nothing. So if you don't treat them with the respect they deserve then you are doomed (or the company you work for in your case).

No risk in losing your job because of your father or another family member? The company is nothing without the employees; without them you have no one to run those "machines".

Furthermore, customers are like employees. They both cost money. Granted, employees cost more. But my point is, without customers the business is nothing. So if you don't treat them with the respect they deserve then you are doomed (or the company you work for in your case).
Actually, not true, there are always illegals who will work. they come through a temp agency, we had to use the agency a few times...

This is pointless. Now you are bringing up methods to conducting business illegally. I am going to buy you Ethics for Dummies (all I could find on Amazon was The Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Ethics, so that'll have to do).

Actually, not true, there are always illegals who will work. they come through a temp agency, we had to use the agency a few times...
How Capitalist of you, to exploit cheap ilegal labor and then bitch about running a business and it's outlying costs.:cry:

How Capitalist of you, to exploit cheap ilegal labor and then bitch about running a business and it's outlying costs.:cry:
I dont hire illegals, the temp agency does.
We never are sure they are illegal, but its pretty obvious, they dont speak english and have no idea of our customs here... We had someone who refused to wear shoes, and we had to make them leave...

That doesn't make the company not guilty of using illegals. The company is just as guilty. Ask the Waltons about that.

That doesn't make the company not guilty of using illegals. The company is just as guilty. Ask the Waltons about that.
How?
The Waltons hired the illegals...
we arent responsible for the temp agency hiring illegals, nor are we responsible for checking up on their workers...

This is pointless. Now you are bringing up methods to conducting business illegally. I am going to buy you Ethics for Dummies (all I could find on Amazon was The Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Ethics, so that'll have to do).

I think we already established (and the fact that Vanquished confirmed) that he doesn't care about ethics..

I dont hire illegals, the temp agency does.
We never are sure they are illegal, but its pretty obvious, they dont speak english and have no idea of our customs here... We had someone who refused to wear shoes, and we had to make them leave...

Umm.. last time I checked, when your company hires a temp agency, the temp agency works for you... and your company makes the final decision to accept any temp they send you.

I think we already established (and the fact that Vanquished confirmed) that he doesn't care about ethics..

Umm.. last time I checked, when your company hires a temp agency, the temp agency works for you... and your company makes the final decision to accept any temp they send you.
Meh, oh well, maybe they weren't illegals, honestly I don't know...
Its not my job to check on them, and i am certain that its not our job to as well, they temp agency doesn't work for us...
If they get caught, they are a buffer, it wouldnt travel to us...

hold on hold on wait a minute

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *looks around*

CIRCUIT CITY IS BAD!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmk

I firmly believe that the way you are as a person (or company) leads to the type of people you attract in your life.

So:

a) Circuit City made a bad decision

and

b)
This is pointless.

That's basically every attempt to persuade Vanquished...when will everyone learn? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back