don't buy from Circuit City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$18/hr is $37,440 per year.

Circuit City also stopped paying their salespeople commission several years ago.

Circuit City also stopped paying their salespeople commission several years ago.

Really. I didn't know they quit doing commission. It's actually better for the customer, I think, but worse for the salesperson. I knew some guys who worked at Circuit City back when they made commission, and they talked about how you, as a salesperson, knew what items made you more money -- so the customer wasn't always being recommended what was best for their needs.

Really. I didn't know they quit doing commission. It's actually better for the customer, I think, but worse for the salesperson. I knew some guys who worked at Circuit City back when they made commission, and they talked about how you, as a salesperson, knew what items made you more money -- so the customer wasn't always being recommended what was best for their needs.

Wouldn't that be worse for the customer?
With no commission what is the sales person's incentive to "hustle" or even help you?

With no commission what is the sales person's incentive to "hustle" or even help you?

The help is worthless if it's increasing the salesperson's paycheck instead of getting you what you really need. Salespeople can still have a sales quota without getting paid commission. Besides, it's their JOB to help the customer, so the incentive is keeping their job by performing well and meeting expectations.

The help is worthless if it's increasing the salesperson's paycheck instead of getting you what you really need. Salespeople can still have a sales quota without getting paid commission. Besides, it's their JOB to help the customer, so the incentive is keeping their job by performing well and meeting expectations.
Obviously, it doesn't matter how well they do there... job..

Sure, if you make 10% commission, and a customer wants to buy a photo editing program, would you suggest photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (keeping in mind that PS is $600 and PSP is $130). Now I am asking that from the point of view of someone that actually has to earn a paycheck, not just get money from mommy and daddy.

Sure, if you make 10% commission, and a customer wants to buy a photo editing program, would you suggest photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (keeping in mind that PS is $600 and PSP is $130). Now I am asking that from the point of view of someone that actually has to earn a paycheck, not just get money from mommy and daddy.
Ok...
I have to earn a paycheck...
Not to mention i would just Steal Photo Shop.
You are missing the point I am trying to make.
What is the incentive for them to hurry and make the sale with u at their store?
They will not wait on you, and you will leave...
Annoyed that you did not get help...
I think the commision makes a better sales team.
Plus, the people don't ever help anyways, what do you think they would suggest now?
The same thing, they want to screw you...

OK this is assuming that the sales force they had under commission was a dedicated sales force for particular departments. In effect these people knew what they sold and were good at figuring out what their cusotmers needed. I don't know if you have been in a Circuit City in awhile, but the sales force is totally inept, they have no idea what they sell, and they are told to push high market items that the customer does not need.

I have fixed more than one big purchase from Circuit City where a customer was sold totally incompatible items. Sadly, this is the current state of their sales force.

Ok...
I have to earn a paycheck...
Not to mention i would just Steal Photo Shop.
You are missing the point I am trying to make.
What is the incentive for them to hurry and make the sale with u at their store?
They will not wait on you, and you will leave...
Annoyed that you did not get help...
I think the commision makes a better sales team.
Plus, the people don't ever help anyways, what do you think they would suggest now?
The same thing, they want to screw you...

These are generalizations that might represent a small percentage of the sales force -- but mainly young kids only who don't take their jobs seriously. Most anyone who has to earn a living as a salesperson does a decent job and helps the customers. Like I said, quotas and the prospect of a yearly raise after a performance review should be plenty of incentive.

These are generalizations that might represent a small percentage of the sales force -- but mainly young kids only who don't take their jobs seriously. Most anyone who has to earn a living as a salesperson does a decent job and helps the customers. Like I said, quotas and the prospect of a yearly raise after a performance review should be plenty of incentive.

When is the last time you have visited a Circuit City and received competent help?
Seems to me that they just got rid of most of their competent help, so what does that leave? High-turnover sales force, that don't last long.

When is the last time you have visited a Circuit City and received competent help?
Seems to me that they just got rid of most of their competent help, so what does that leave? High-turnover sales force, that don't last long.

I think we're actually on the same page here, it just might not seem like it. I did start this thread because it really upsets me the way CC has treated its employees -- most likely its best employees.

Since CC is getting rid of its seasoned employees, it's likely a bunch of kids now who will turn out being the incompetent type that you mention. It will hurt CC that it has kicked its best salespeople to the curb.

I think we're actually on the same page here, it just might not seem like it. I did start this thread because it really upsets me the way CC has treated its employees -- most likely its best employees.

Since CC is getting rid of its seasoned employees, it's likely a bunch of kids now who will turn out being the incompetent type that you mention. It will hurt CC that it has kicked its best salespeople to the curb.
So am i lol.
I said that they dont help at all now...
Because they no nothing...
Im saying, at least with commission they were a little faster...

Hell I went into Circuit City last week and got a Sony DVD player. No one ask me if I needed any help. I didn't need their help anyway but that's besides the point. I walked in, went to where all the DVD players are on display, found the one I saw online, looked for a box below the displayed player, pulled it out and went to the cashier. I could have walked out the front door if it wasn't for the anti theft thingy on the box/in the box.

hehe, that is the caveat. If you are willing to do the research, why do you need them?

Sometimes when I'm bored I go to Circuit City/Best Buy/CompUSA - just walk in and listen to sales people/tech people talking to customers.

This is then followed by massigive laughter/giggling/shaking my head - then I leave.

:smoker:

A couple of times I have gone in there and taught them about the products and stuff like that--especially about the consumer grade networking equipment and told them what different features did and stuff like that.

Sometimes when I'm bored I go to Circuit City/Best Buy/CompUSA - just walk in and listen to sales people/tech people talking to customers.

This is then followed by massigive laughter/giggling/shaking my head - then I leave.

:smoker:
Hahaha
That's what I did... :)
Someone wanted to buy a laptop, and the salesperson had no idea what he was talking about. The Person asked if it was 64-bit, and the guy thought for a few minutes, looked at the computer, which had a Turion 64 X2 sticker on it, then said "no"...
I was laughing histerically (in my mind):p

This was Best Buy FYI

What Circuit City is doing is WRONG! Hold the people responsible that got CC into the position they are in - management. Cut management's pay and/or send them hiking.

To those that think like this -
If I was working somewhere for 20 years and earning 18 bucks an hour, I would fire myself.
- I have a question. How many of you have even been out of high school for 20 years?

Not many people here have been in the job market for 20 years or have been through recession, experienced runaway inflation, have had to look for a job when there weren't any jobs.... You don't (can't) understand unless you've been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back