Done with trillian?

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
My trial of Astra Premium ended today, what a disappointment. So many things were lost during the transition, things like the dark theme, and the auto hide function, come on Trillian are you kidding me?

Looks like I'll be going back to Digsby :( Or procuring trillian astra pro from "another source" what a shame, would have really liked to use astra the way it was intended this time round.

I been using digsby for while now. I like it better than trillian by far ..

I been using digsby for while now. I like it better than trillian by far ..

Same, trillian lost me with the news feeds and pay for full feature deal. The thing with digsby is you need to be careful during installation, after that it's great.

I don't trust Digsby and wouldn't be associated with it in any way at all. The installer has about five or six malware installers alone in it. What I believe makes it worse is you need an account just to access your IM protocols. I really don't care for the fact you need a username and password to access the IM protocols like AIM, MSN, etc.. Though they claim it's to allow global access to settings.

I prefer Pidgin. I don't need an account to use something like AIM, MSN or any other protocol. I dobut I would ever try Digsby. Even if they drop all the malware installers and the required account.

I recently started using AMSN. It's more or less a light version of MSN. I like it so far.

I don't trust Digsby and wouldn't be associated with it in any way at all. The installer has about five or six malware installers alone in it. What I believe makes it worse is you need an account just to access your IM protocols. I really don't care for the fact you need a username and password to access the IM protocols like AIM, MSN, etc.. Though they claim it's to allow global access to settings.

So long as you are smarter than the installer it isn't an issue. The global settings are nice, I installed digsby on four computers and only had to set it up one time.

Doesn't change the fact that they bundle malware.

I use Trillian Astra and like it. I've been paying for Trillian for years.

I use Trillian Astra and like it. I've been paying for Trillian for years.
Yea. I found a "fix" for astra so I'm gonna stick with that, I used digsby for about a year, it was ok. but not frivolous for me, Astra has all the stupid gadgets that I love, mainly a working status message that tells people the music you're listening too :p Still, if its not Astra its Digsby, not Pidgin... pfft. :p

Trillian all the way, I know I know... noob, but it has all the features and none of the trash that most people end up crapping up thier computer with. (and then bringing to me for repairs) and uh... it's trillian pro 3 for me, not astra, just thought I would note that.

I don't like astra at all. It is too big and bulky .. Also, some of the features it has does nothing but crash the app.

Quite happy with Windows Live Messenger these days, as I rarely feel the urge to sign on to ICQ, Aim or Yahoo.

right on bro, I just use it for the email features. I have different email accounts for different reasons. Alot of my friends are on different messengers, so to k.i.s.s. I just created an account for each. One has ended for anything I know or suspect that will be spam....lol

Trillian Astra final is available for all to use now. I guess the only thing I like about it are the really low resources it uses even with MSN, Facebook, Gtalk, and IRC enabled.
I'm primarily a digsby user (without the malware installer :p )

I've been making due with astra free version since my last post, i've gotten used to it. Eventually I'll probably ending up paying for it, think it goes with the whole shiny vista theming. And dreamscene (which I just realized my computer had) :p

I still think digsby is the best one .. The only thing I wish it would it would do is make it possible to get into conferences with native apps. I use yahoo messenger for work and get on the conference with it a lot. Digsby doesn't allow you do that ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back