Domain VS Workgroup

Do you use DOMAIN or WORKGROUP?

• Total voters

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Which do you use and why if you have multiple machines networked?

I only want to ask about domestic setups....

I used DOMAIN then moved (without my server, which is following on on Friday) and so recently reverted to WORKROUP... so I have had to vote for both (option 3)!

Oh yeah, and if you read this Lord could you use some of that juicy bandwidth to put the anime of your choice (family stuff) onto the server? Or just shunt it over the network from your boxen, which I am sure is loaded with it! I'll sift through it and let you know what I enjoy... and what Isabel may like also...

One phrase that sums it up.

"Centralized Administration"

Active Desktop, Group Policy, etc.

if you just want a few machines networked just to share files, internet etc (housemate, partner machine for example) use workgroup. If you need to administer the network, control what the other machines can do (perhaps children) then domain

One phrase that sums it up.
"Centralized Administration"
Active Desktop, Group Policy, etc.

if you just want a few machines networked just to share files, internet etc (housemate, partner machine for example) use workgroup. If you need to administer the network, control what the other machines can do (perhaps children) then domain

What they said...

:D

Oh yeah, and if you read this Lord could you use some of that juicy bandwidth to put the anime of your choice (family stuff) onto the server? Or just shunt it over the network from your boxen, which I am sure is loaded with it! I'll sift through it and let you know what I enjoy... and what Isabel may like also...

All 174GB of anime on its way to the fileserver :)

Not all of it is familly stuff but its not hard to find the delete key :)

I have stacks of DVD's with more should you want more :)

not all the series are complete and some of it is part downloaded, I can provide completes at a later date if desired.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back