Dolby Surround Problems

J

JayCool

For a long time, while using both Windows 98 SE and Windows Millennium, I was able to hear dolby surround by running a chord out of my computer to my Philips Surround sound sytem (left speaker, right speaker, rear left speaker, rear right speaker, and center channel). My system toggles through different speaker configurations, (dolby surround, dolby center phantom, dolby 3-stereo, and stereo). When I play a DVD, my stereo doesn't seem to pick up the surround sound, because when the stereo is set to "dolby surround", the sound will only come out of the center channel. I have tried playing around with the settings of PowerDVD XP, and gone into the speaker settings in the control panel of Windows XP. I have tried every single setting in the menus, and I have had no success! Also, PowerDVD doesn't have the option of outputting 5 speaker, which is what I have. Can anyone help?

if it helps, i have an AC-XG sound card, and I have also installed the updated sound drivers for my yamaha card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back