doesnt detect hd1 on some reboots

C

cam

sometimes when i reboot my bios doesnt detect my master harddrive, and i have to power down and startup manually to get it to recognize it. any ideas as to why this is ?

cam

Check your jumper configuration on your drives. Also make sure everything is seated firmly. In my experience it usually has to do with jumpers, the bios can sometimes struggle past incorrectly jumpered drives, but perfomance can take a real beating.

Rereading that again, you also may have a low battery on your mainboard.

I had this problem with one of my newer drives....it has some sort of delay in spin down and spin up..when the computer restarted you could hear the drive spin down and not back up...no idea how to fix it though since it was my secondary drive....

odd thing was a few mins later it would spin up...and be visible in windows which surprised the hell out of me

Without casting any doubts on your technical abilities, have you got the correct cable from hard drive to board (i.e. UDMA 33 / 66 etc.) and also are you sure about the integrity of the said cable??

How many hard drives are on the cable, and are they matching UDMA's??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back