Does Windows recognize 2800+?

Petros

Thief IV
I'm looking at my system properties right now and it says that I have an AMD Athlon XP, 2.26 GHz. Shouldn't it say 2800+ there? If so, why wouldn't Windows show that? I know that's the right processor speed...

handybuddy. the actual clock speed of the amd chip is 2.26 ghz. The "pentium equivalent" speed rating that that amd chip is equal to is 2800+

I think HandyBuddy was referring to the fact that it doesnt say "2800+" in the dialog, and not that it says 2.26ghz. That is a bit strange, my friends got a 2200+ and it says that in the dialog box.

friend has his 2500+ oc'd to 11x200 which is 3200+ speed and it even says "3200+" under system properties.
dunno. :confused:

you have sp1, right? and other windows updates? i think there was one for this way back.

Yes...got em all. It's so strange. My 2100+ showed up, and if people's processors clocked to the proper frequency show up at 3200+, mine should as well.

have you ran windows update to see if the latest cpu update applies ?

Yup, and there has been nothing to download. I also tried updating it from the device manager. I remember there was some Athlon driver that came out not too long ago, but I don't remember where it was.

my xp2500 @200x11 says 2.21 in sysytem properties. i have all updates etc.....

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System ^ General Tab

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+
2.08 GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

thats what mine says after System, and Registered to

2.26ghz for an athlon 2800? Mine only runs at 2.09ghz but it does say it's an athlon 2800. Is there something wrong with my processor?

doom - maybe your processor is just underclocked to make it more stable.

2.09 GHz indicates that it has a Barton core. Mine is a Thoroughbred. The Barton has more cache memory and is clocked lower, and it's also a better overclocker too! I'd look into that.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
2.09 GHz indicates that it has a Barton core. Mine is a Thoroughbred. The Barton has more cache memory and is clocked lower, and it's also a better overclocker too! I'd look into that.

Heh heh. Thank's lad. I'm up to an athlon 3000+ now. 2.18 gig's

I'd like to hijack this thread for a second to compliment Gonzo on his sig...outstanding!

Hunt around in the bios. My old computer had like 1400Mhz or 1700+ for an option in the performance section.

As Dubstar said a normal 2800+ Athlon is 2,083 Mhz based on 333 FSB, and a 3000+ plus Processor is 2,167 Mhz similarly unclocked.

I recently install a Barton 2.5gig into a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 board which consistently incorrectly reported the processor speed. Then almost by magic (after about the thirtieth re-boot) the board correctly identified the CPU. Why this happened I don’t know but suggest it’s a problem with the BIOS on the motherboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back