Does this sound like a virus to you?

• Thread starter Powerchordpunk
  • Start date
P

Powerchordpunk

Two days ago we got at&t broadband cable internet. Wow, do things fly. Anyway, my dads e-mail account has acted strangely ever since he set it up. The first e-mail he sent went to 95% of the people in his address book when he only sent it to two people. 'Twas a shame, too, as it was about firing one of his employees, and a lot of the employees are in his address book. Anyway, people recieved the e-mail and said it wasn't infected with a virus. We scanned with NAV 2002, Trend Micro online, and searched countless virus encyclopedias about our symptoms. All returned nothing. Now my account doesn't have the problem, and neither does his hotmail account. Only his att account. One last thing is that the cable internet installation configured IE6 and Outlook Express 6 (startup webpage, title bars says provided by att broadband, blah blah blah) It only did that on his account.

Could it be that:

- We have a new virus that hasn't been discovered?

- AT&T email sucks?

- Outlook has a glitch with the title bar being changed for it?

- There is a glitch with the AT&T servers?

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Could it be that:

- your dad screwed up and hit the 'reply all' button instead of just the reply button?

no

it was his own email. He wrote it, sent it to 2 people, and it ended up going to almost all people in his address book. I was there when he sent it.

Does he have the feature active to save sent emails? If so, look in that folder and see if the email is addressed to just the two he sent it to, or if it's addressed to everyone in his address book. If it's addressed to just the two, then i'd suspect a glitch... if it's addressed to everyone, then i'd suspect operator error.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back