does the slim ps2 play svcds

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
does anybody know if the slim pstwo can play SVCDS ? i really got some that i wanna watch

uhm if the big one did then the little one can. they just shrank it.

can't play svcd on pc - how about using a tool to convert it to dvd - could do that with Nero, for instance...

Jozhik said:
can't play svcd on pc - how about using a tool to convert it to dvd - could do that with Nero, for instance...
You can play SVCD on PC (Windows, Linux, Mac, almost anything) Converting any sort of *CD to a DVD is a complete waste of time.

Firstly you're trans-coding already compressed material, losing yet more quality. Secondly you're wasting 2GB+ on something that was likely only originally ~600MB.

If you want to play SVCD's there are plenty of Applications such as ZoomPlayer, PowerDVD and VLC which will play them right off the disc, or some even from images.

i know how to play them on my pc lol. i wanna play them on my pstwo. is there any firmware so it can play that

one thing that should be mentioned about the slim ps2 is that when powered down it only goes into a standby mode, still generating heat. if you are unaware of this issue i suggest owners of the system unplug it when not in use.

Taggert_LOA said:
one thing that should be mentioned about the slim ps2 is that when powered down it only goes into a standby mode, still generating heat. if you are unaware of this issue i suggest owners of the system unplug it when not in use.
no it doesn't

prodj88 said:
i know how to play them on my pc lol. i wanna play them on my pstwo. is there any firmware so it can play that
My post was aimed at the person which I quoted. Not you.

You can't play VCD/SVCD's on a PS2/PStwo. Not even with firmware. Unless someone out there makes specific software to do it (The dreamcast had a player, put it in, swap out for your video disc.. done.) then you're not going to be able to.

prodj88 said:
no it doesn't

argueably it does. think about it. when you put the ps2 into standy/sleep/whatever you wanna call it, the small LED turns red. based around basic electronics-come-physics that small LED, while on, emits an amount of heat. as such, i argue the ps2 emits an amount of heat :crosseyed:

to be honest, i couldnt care less wether or not it does or doesnt. i'm just bored and thought i'd post this for your consideration :p

SPeedY_B said:
My post was aimed at the person which I quoted. Not you.

You can't play VCD/SVCD's on a PS2/PStwo. Not even with firmware. Unless someone out there makes specific software to do it (The dreamcast had a player, put it in, swap out for your video disc.. done.) then you're not going to be able to.
yeah someone needs to make one. i think the xbox can svcds with firmware :speechless:

prodj88 said:
yeah someone needs to make one. i think the xbox can svcds with firmware :speechless:

You need to mod it, you lose your warranty, and you could fubar it. I found out the hard way :p

Grandmaster said:
You need to mod it, you lose your warranty, and you could fubar it. I found out the hard way :p
*resists pointing and laughing*

*runs away*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back