• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

does the slim ps2 play svcds

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Jozhik said:
can't play svcd on pc - how about using a tool to convert it to dvd - could do that with Nero, for instance...
You can play SVCD on PC (Windows, Linux, Mac, almost anything) Converting any sort of *CD to a DVD is a complete waste of time.

Firstly you're trans-coding already compressed material, losing yet more quality. Secondly you're wasting 2GB+ on something that was likely only originally ~600MB.

If you want to play SVCD's there are plenty of Applications such as ZoomPlayer, PowerDVD and VLC which will play them right off the disc, or some even from images.

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political User
one thing that should be mentioned about the slim ps2 is that when powered down it only goes into a standby mode, still generating heat. if you are unaware of this issue i suggest owners of the system unplug it when not in use.

Taggert_LOA said:
one thing that should be mentioned about the slim ps2 is that when powered down it only goes into a standby mode, still generating heat. if you are unaware of this issue i suggest owners of the system unplug it when not in use.
no it doesn't

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
prodj88 said:
i know how to play them on my pc lol. i wanna play them on my pstwo. is there any firmware so it can play that
My post was aimed at the person which I quoted. Not you.

You can't play VCD/SVCD's on a PS2/PStwo. Not even with firmware. Unless someone out there makes specific software to do it (The dreamcast had a player, put it in, swap out for your video disc.. done.) then you're not going to be able to.

Scooter

Random Apple Dude
prodj88 said:
no it doesn't
argueably it does. think about it. when you put the ps2 into standy/sleep/whatever you wanna call it, the small LED turns red. based around basic electronics-come-physics that small LED, while on, emits an amount of heat. as such, i argue the ps2 emits an amount of heat :crosseyed:

to be honest, i couldnt care less wether or not it does or doesnt. i'm just bored and thought i'd post this for your consideration :p

SPeedY_B said:
My post was aimed at the person which I quoted. Not you.

You can't play VCD/SVCD's on a PS2/PStwo. Not even with firmware. Unless someone out there makes specific software to do it (The dreamcast had a player, put it in, swap out for your video disc.. done.) then you're not going to be able to.
yeah someone needs to make one. i think the xbox can svcds with firmware :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies