Does Not See New Ram

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a friend's Packard Bell computer here beside me. It is a Pentium III 800mhz with 1 stick of 64 megsPC133 in it. Is it a Gigabyte mobo. I am trying to put another 512 PC133 meg stick into it, but this thing will not recongize it on boot up. It has two slots on it and I tried both sides, with and without the 64meg stick along side, but no can do. Maybe there is a Bios setting for this or am I missing something here? BTW, this 512 stick comes from my 'puter and when I put it back into mine, my 'puter picked it up right away, so it is not a damaged piece of Ram. Thanks.

Heeter

Can that mobo support 512MB sticks? Maybe it only supports 256MB sticks.

Genrally older system can be limited in regards to the amount of actual ram per stick you can have on the motherboard.

For instance, you may be limuted to using only 256mb sticks only, so u may have to have 2 256mb sticks.

Smartest way to do it is to find the board specs on either net or manual and find out.

Also, wouldve been smarter to do that in the first place before attempting to insert new stick as wouldve saved so much time and frustration.

:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back