Does CAT 4.2 work with Radeon IGP products?

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political Access
I've just got this Sony Vaio laptop which has the Radeon IGP 345m graphics. Do the Catalyst 4.2 drivers work with the IGP product?

It's not very clear at the ATI website as the IGP 345m isn't even mentioned on it!! (only goes upto 340m!!!).

The details are as follows

Attachments

• igp345m.jpg
    igp345m.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 409
they are universal drivers...

ergo they work with the whole range I believe...

if in doubt... fire off an email to ati's techsupport... they usually get back in a day or so tops...

That's what I thought - if I can wait I'll send that e-mail but I'm a natural risk taker *sets restore point*...

I'm looking forward to optimising the system, so far so good with the Q3 based games :)

btw.. @ www.ati.com they have an option for IGP drivers...

simply click on drivers and support and then select from the menu the appropriate software if applicable...

The Catalysts from ATi's site don't work with Mobility Radeons.
So you either have to use drivers provided by the system manufacturer, or use MobileMod (from the Rage3D forums) to modify the Radeon inf's to work with Mobility GPUs. I use the latter. Catalysts are obviously more up-to-date.

Not sure if it's the same case for the IGP range.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back