Does anyones Kazaa-lite work?

Egades! DON'T use Kazaa (or for that matter any similiar P2P) without your firewall/AV/anti-spyware programs running! Look in your logs of your firewall and see if Kazaa traffic is being blocked. :)

I don't use it, but aren't you supposed to run it under another compatibility like Win95,98,Me or 2000 to make it work?

Or is that a myth?

kazaa ressurrection is pretty nice. I like it alot more the k-lite

Xie said:
Egades! DON'T use Kazaa (or for that matter any similiar P2P) without your firewall/AV/anti-spyware programs running! Look in your logs of your firewall and see if Kazaa traffic is being blocked. :)
K-Lite worked before with the same firewall.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have SP2.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just turned off my AV, firewall and anti-spyware to see if it worked. It still

doesn't work. I get the error message that Kazaa has a problem. It has to shut

down. Then it asks me to send an error report.

Thank you all for your replies.

I think you just deleted one of the files that it needs. I'd download the latest version and reinstall.

dreamliner77 said:
I think you just deleted one of the files that it needs. I'd download the latest version and reinstall.
I downloaded and reinstalled both K-lite + + and K-lite Resurrection. It still

doesn't work. Thank you for your replies.

dreamliner77 said:
Do you have any anti-spyware type software that's running at startup?
I had Spy Sweeper running on start up, I think. I also have Spybot and Earthlink

anti-spyware. I turned off Spy Sweeper. It still didn't work. Spy Sweeper has a

shield that is on all the time. I turned it off. It still didn't work.

Thanks all for replying.

I haven't had a problem with k-lite at all, I'm behind a router, have sp2 install (all that have come out so far) and was behind a seperate firewall.

unknownsoul said:
I haven't had a problem with k-lite at all, I'm behind a router, have sp2 install (all that have come out so far) and was behind a seperate firewall.
Spy Sweeper support says Kazaa-lite uses a dummy file. Spy Sweeper probably

deleted it. I think it could have been Spybot, Spy Sweeper or Earthlink

anti-spyware that deleted it. I reinstalled K-lite. It still doesn't work. Thank you

for your reply. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You might be able to look thru the logs of the anti-spyware programs and see if you spot anything that should'n't have been deleted. Or you could restore the programs backups. Not that I'd suggest that because then you'd likely be back at sqaure one.

rofl - there's so much spam in this thread I'm laughing my head off :D My original Klite works version 2.4.2. Works fine with SP2 firewall :p

Bah... I just use soulseek now. I gave up on Kazaa quite some time ago. That's really weird that her kazaa just stopped working completely at random. No firewall, no SP2, turned off her 9 anti-spyware programs. Uninstalled, reinstalled, no dice. Go figure. Perhaps just try another p2p app and give up on Kazaa? :p

I have a klite version 1.56 i believe, sitting around here somewhere, maybe I should see if that will work?

cryogenic said:
Bah... I just use soulseek now. I gave up on Kazaa quite some time ago. That's really weird that her kazaa just stopped working completely at random. No firewall, no SP2, turned off her 9 anti-spyware programs. Uninstalled, reinstalled, no dice. Go figure. Perhaps just try another p2p app and give up on Kazaa? :p
I only have 3 anti-spyware programs. Earthlink's missed spyware. It even said

it couldn't delete 3 spyware items. After using Spy Sweeper, I still had a

problem. So I tried Spybot. I tried uninstalling and installing K-lite + + and

K-lite Resurrection multiple times. I did a system restore back to 8/3/04. Any

suggestions? I really like K-lite much better than Bittorrent. Thank you all for

replying.

System Restore is probably the most useless feature MS has ever put in an OS. seems like 80% of the time when i would run it, i'd have to re-install my antivirus software due to the fact that there was an update installed after the date that i restored it to, so somehow the antivirus software's vital files got corrupt.

Spybot said it removed an item called Kazaa company NL. It was a registry

change. I restored it. I am going to reinstall K-lite resurrection again. Pray for

me.

veronica said:
Spybot said it removed an item called Kazaa company NL. It was a registry

change. I restored it. I am going to reinstall K-lite resurrection again. Pray for

me.
Yippie, it works. Thank you all very much.
:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back