does anyone use Active Smart?

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
hey does anyone i9n here use active smart. great little hardrive monitoring tool. just wondering if it has acually saved anyone from data loss.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
yep i have 5 drives, so wen 1 started clunking i ran active smart and it kinda went WOAAAA THATS FOOOOKED

i also have 1 that it says is suffering, but im putting that to the test.... see if it dies wen it says it will :)

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
cool if it does post back here :) . i get a seek error on one of mine. but i think its because im downloading alot to it. what you think Gonzo.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
T.E.C. date - the date of predicted Threshold Exceeded Condition (T.E.C.) for current attribute, i.e. it is a rough estimate date when attribute value will drop below its threshold.
Active SMART uses special algorithms to predict the date of the T.E.C. for every S.M.A.R.T. attribute. To maximize accuracy of the date prediction Active SMART shows the T.E.C. date for attribute only after two changes of it's value. It allows us as much as possible increase the date calculation accuracy. Note: This date is not an exact drive fail date, it's only estimated date and it should be used only as advisory data.
thats from the help guide :)

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
so.. is this telling me that my drive is going to fail within the month? hmm.

added another screen shot of it..

Last edited:

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
yah me too... its just that i lost 3 drives within 2 months... 2 within a week ( i blame it on a bad power supply since which i have replaced....)

so i am very edgy. lol.

heh. don't power supply faults/limitations suck? That's how i lost my GeForce 4 Ti4200. Power Supply in my Sony Vaio wasn't NEAR powerful enough to maintain it. *sniff* will always miss it. *thinks* wait, i have a 5700 now...... :)

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
yes in the last 4 years i have lost two mobos to cheap PSU's they suck indeed.

hopefully everything is ok with the drive... im sick of dealing with them. lol you dont know loss untill you lose 300 gigs worth of info with only 50 gigs backed up.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut