Does Anyone remember this?

C

chooch

I'm looking for this site that would cause your system to reboot once you clicked on the URL, I would like to analyze the source and place it on my internal web site, I'm also looking for the site that would show you your Hard Drive when you visit it, I believe the site was using iframe, I'm not sure, I beleive I saw it in one of the forums here or maybe in another web site's forum. If anyone could provide any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, I got it.........

nope wouldnt want to look for it either.

you could search yahoo for Prank Websites

Ok, the link for that site that made your computer reboot was took down, I don't have the link, and I wouldn't give it to you if I did. It's not a funny joke to cause people computers to reboot, there is a chance of causing massive problems to their computer.

The hard drive link I never saw it here.

:cool:

The website is my own personal web site for home with 6 computers connected to it, I have it setup to be able to share files (ftp) and other things, if anyone would get pist off it would be me, I thought I saw it here, if I didn't I apologize. Just wanted to try something out, tweak the source to be able to shut the PC down automatically from one location with one click instead of going to the system itself and shut it down or doing a remote shutdown or writing a script that would shut the system down at certain time using the AT command. There were not evil or bad intentions behind it, If I bothered some people with this request once again I apologize.

I remember an exploit that would cause the system to reboot, that was plugged, never seen one that would make your system shut down, I imagine if there was then that would have also been fixed.

dont think you can do it then chooch. if your looking for that then i am glad I am not on your network

While we in the subject, i kinow you can turnoff the PC automatically, but the question is: can you turn it ON automatically ?? i think WakeonLan works something like that, but is there another way around?

Thanks
nIabI

lol ! :D

but actually thats to WAKE up the pc isn't it?

i need it to TURN ON :)

nIabI

Here's that hard drive link: hxxp://www.tekzoned.com/weird/weird6.html

It was posted here a looooonnnnggg time ago, someone posted a bunch of joke and goof sites and this happened to be one of them, at the time I threw it in my favorites cause i thought it was pretty sweet and it was fun to freak out my friends with it:D

The idea was to be able to shut them down or reboot not turn them back on.
Busto, I believe on that same thread someone posted the link I was looking for, but I found it. Thanks anyway everyone.

Originally posted by niabi
but actually thats to WAKE up the pc isn't it?
i need it to TURN ON :)

Kinda, my computer turns on when any keyboard key is pressed.
Prob with it is the shoe needs to be near by bed and they smell.

It's not your shoes EP, it's the socks you been wearing for a week .. phewww :)

Originally posted by Electronic Punk

Kinda, my computer turns on when any keyboard key is pressed.
Prob with it is the shoe needs to be near by bed and they smell.

Why not some sort of reaching stick? or a gerbil that you can train to run over your keyboard on command. you could give him peanuts. both rewarding and cheap. think about it EP =]

hehe that's funny. but what about us users who have (up to) G: drives? i know that people here have more than that too, but i only have G:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back