does anyone know where to get a free internal dvd writer?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
You would have to purchase a DVD burner instead of a cd burner that you have right now.

The good news is, after the cost of purchasing the DVD burner, it's free :cool:

j/p :)

But seriously.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Free, no. Cheap, maybe.

If you have a desktop computer a good DVD burner runs $26-30.

If you have a laptop, life gets more expensive. Prices run from $60 and up. Or you can buy a desktop DVD burner and put it in a cheap USB adapter case and run it external to the laptop for between $40-50 ($26-30 for the burner + $15-20 for an external USB case).

Check out newegg.com and possibly meritline for a cheap case.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
can somehow upgrade my current one?

No.. a CD Burner is not the same as a DVD burner - your "upgrade" would require ripping out the laser, the motor, and the control board and replacing them.. in which case, you'd be buying a DVD burner to get the correct parts anyway.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
Correct, you'd need to buy a new drive amigo. There are certain pieces needed that you can't just enable. I have heard of certain drives that you can speed up using firmware, but I haven't heard of any that are able to burn dvd's with a firmware upgrade.

You will need to buy and they are pretty cheap these days.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
they are two different lasers.... by now you surely have got the picture that you need to buy a dvd burner.

just like a cd stereo player is not a dvd video player or that a car is not a boat, and that bush is really a monkey and most unlike a man.

trogdorwasaman

OSNN Junior Addict
they are two different lasers.... by now you surely have got the picture that you need to buy a dvd burner.

just like a cd stereo player is not a dvd video player or that a car is not a boat, and that bush is really a monkey and most unlike a man.

i liked this little analogy

thanks everyone this really helped
i never knew the lasers were diff

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
its the same situation again with HD-DVD or Blu-ray

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR