Does anyone know what this reg key is?

G

get1tg00d

I just got a complaint from my ISP saying I'm sending bulk email. I turned on Nortons outgoing email scan and tons of emails is being sent. I scanned my computer with Norton and a Trojan scanner but nothing came up. This is the only thing I can find that I can't figure what it is.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
bmkavym REG_SZ rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32:bmkavym.dll,Init 1

and

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce
*bmkavym REG_SZ rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32:bmkavym.dll,Init 1

What are these and could this be a virus or trojan.

TIA

i don't know what it is, did a google search and nothing came up....

but it's not on my system, i'd remove the keys..see if everything still works...if it doesn't, then put them back.

Same here I did a search at google and symantec site and nothing came up.

I'll try deleting them and see if the mailing stops or not.

That didn't work. I deleted those keys and restarted, they both came back. I might just have to reformate my drive.

Originally posted by get1tg00d
That didn't work. I deleted those keys and restarted, they both came back. I might just have to reformate my drive.

no, don't do that...

start up in safe mode, then delete the keys, then restart into regular mode

that should do it.

Originally posted by get1tg00d
I just got a complaint from my ISP saying I'm sending bulk email. I turned on Nortons outgoing email scan and tons of emails is being sent.

I assume you are talking about norton antivirus scanning your outgoing emails. What email program are you using? Becauses this means that your email program is sending those mails, not another program!

You can install a firewall like Kerio and monitor your internet traffic, but you will obviously permit your email program to connect to the internet, so this will not be much use IF it is the email program sending the mails. If you are using Outlook, it might be a virus sending the emails. Have a look at the MS site, or (even better) change mail program, pmail or mozilla are free and good!

EJ ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back