Does anyone know how to make a batch (*.bat) file?

S

SaintKaden

I wanna make a batch file that will rename a particular file and execute another, can anyone help?

do you know any batch programming?

its not even programming... just execution of instructions one after the next...

you will hve to put it in the sequence you want it to run or rather execute the commands..

basically you will go something like the following..
please remove the [ ] square brackets though :)

echo off
ren [insert filename to rename] [insert filename you want it to be]
[application filename]

thats it

the application has to be something that will run.. such as a .bat or a .exe file... else it will not work..

you don't need the echo off or on thinger...

thats it

what window ?

one bactch file completes executing all commands... it should close... unless there is a window for a file that you are using..

what exactly are you trying to do anyhoo :)

post the progs and perhaps a .bat file can be posted to help you.. at least the text for it ..

well you see I have this game called "ut2003" (i'm sure you've heard of it) that requires a particular *.dll file when I'm playing it in multiplayer and another when you play singleplayer.

Now they are both the same file, only one is tweaked to enable multiplayer functions while disabling the karma engine which looks very cool...

So with your help, what I set out to do was create two shortcuts one for a singleplayer and another for multiplayer. Both linked to *.bat files containg the following:

MP - bat

@echo off
copy Engine_nokarma.dll Engine.dll
ut2003.exe

SP - bat

@echo off
copy Engine_karma.dll Engine.dll
ut2003.exe

now aside from the bat files I also threw in copies of the file named as follows:

Engine_karma.dll
Engine_nokarma.dll

this works, but the command window that pops up, stays up even after I quit the game, I mean it closes but only after a while...

Is there a command to kill that windows instantly?

SORRY... not sure about that... normally when I made batch files back in the days of win95 and win98 I had no problems with the comman window closing...

I dunno.. try putting and END or something.. can also look up some sites concerning batch files... and you are on your way..

There is a checkbox in the .bat file properties if you want to close the windows when you quit the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back