Does anyone here make DVD's?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
** Mods - feel free to move to apps if appropriate **

I was just wondering if anyone had captured DV files - as you can these days, and I am thinking specifically of .AVI format and successfully burnt a DVD that they could play in a domestic player. I do not mean Mini-DV or the other cormats that can be burnt to CD discs for a "tolerant" or "enabled" player - I mean to a regular DVD disc for a "regular" player.

I know there are other forums for this also like here andhere but they tend to get caught up in copying/cloning and technical camera issues. I am just getting very frustrated with simple "home video" tasks and kinda trust this forum.

As backgreound you should maybe know I can use PowerDirector to capture to .AVI no problems and have (of course) the EZProducer that comes with it -0 but will not burn for me OK. For burning I hoped to Use WinOnCD 6 (DVD Edition), but no joy so far..... which has led me to try on anothers recommendation Neros 6 (again no joy).... About to try the Ulead offering as I type, but thought I would post here to see what I might get.

For anything - I thank you. For nothing - I thank you also (because you read what I typed!) :p

and...

dreamliner77 said:
YOu will lhave to convert the .avi to mpeg2 (the format of DVD)
OK that much I know - and then? I'm having media troubles I think but even hit an error where PowerDVD won't play with my last burn! (Will post when I fix that one). Anyone here burnt OK to a R/W media? That is my aim as first step....

The mpeg2 will have to be "dvd compatible". You will have to look up the specs, i don't have them offhand.

ok thanks -

dreamliner77 said:
You will have to look up the specs, ...
I'll do that after I've dealt with this from my player "Error Code: "89030000" - " 80004005" unknown file format.
Please visit Adpatec company to download ASPI driver - ASPI 4.71 for Win2K, XP, Me, XP - <DOWNLOAD>
or For ASPI 4.71 Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP - <DOWNLOAD>

Please install the relevant patch for your version too - FREE Patches here ..."
:eek: :mad: :eek:

Try downloading ASPI 4.60 from Adaptec's site (it is less buggy than 4.7x)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back