does anyone have this problem with KaZaa?

I

iForceTundra

ive noticed that KaZaa takes up near a gig of space, when i look into Add/Remove programs,

i've spotted where they hid all the stuff...
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sys32 .... ive found out that they stuck a bunch of stuff in here, i deleted them all and it got back all that space,

but ....

when i restart my machine , from the boot up, it will put the ads back in there, is ther any way to stop this?

paul m

I had Kazaalite and i still got the benjamin worm. It's a bitchin worm. It keeps adding files. Norton gets rid of it though.

Aileron

add/remove says it uses 939 MB on mine, but I can't find a C:\Windows\Temp directory as an indication of the benjamin worm. Do I have the benjamin worm?

When you look in the Add/Remove progy dialogue, the size also reflects the media that you have in you "Shared Docs" folder in Kazaa, or kazaalite. So everytime you download something into your "Shared Docs" folder in your kazaa folder it get's addedt to the total.

I have nothing in the folder and it says 939MB. That can't be right.

I use Kazaa and my uninstall says 4.48Mb

I am using Norton Internet Security though, and have removed all the spyware from Kazaa. www.lavasoft.nu

When you remove the spyware though, it will report kazaa is broken.

U need to search for cd_clint.dll. That is a dummy version of the spyware which I managed to get.

yeah seems i got da worn n all! cheers for da solutions 4 gettin rid of it (n i use kazaa lite btw)

The worm is transmitted through the kazaa network, not the actual program file. So kazaalite and kazaa are both prone to getting it :eek:!

As for the sace..i dunno.. prolly worm :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back