Does anyone have a retail AMD 4600+ box only!

legodude83089

OSNN Dude
Hi I really need a 4600+ (939) box to return my CPU to AMD. I'm willing to pay for it. I being the stupid person I am accidentally pressed too hard on my CPU when putting it into it's socket and bent 3 pins. After trying to bend one of them straight I broke one so now I need to RMA it. Seeing how I need a retail version in box to RMA I need a box. I probably would have gotten the retail version however the OEM version was the only one available. Thanks for any help. PM me if your interested.

So you want to RMA based upon user error? That is wrong to do...

search online, plus would this is be the osnnbay for wtb? Yea an since you explained that its your fault, i bet this will get closed...

here is a reply by AMD.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting AMD Technical Support.
We don't have any ool for fixing pins but if you've got a PiB(Processor in a Box) your warranty covers up to 5 bent/broken pins. If
that was an OEM part you should contact the company that you have purchased your CPU from in order to claim warranty.
Regards,
Michal Laszczyk
AMD TSC

Since Newegg won't take it back this is my last hope.

So you want to RMA based upon user error? That is wrong to do...
This is not the route I wanted to take but it is the only way to not have a new worthless CPU unless you know a different route I could take.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I guess I'll need that too. I'm sorry for this I'm just frustrated with myself.

I think your screwed as the certificate contains the warranty, processor code and serial number info which must match what the CPU says. I blanked mine out on the attached.

Attachments

• code.JPG
    code.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 155
I think your screwed as the certificate contains the warranty, processor code and serial number info which must match what the CPU says. I blanked mine out on the attached.
Great. I didn't realize that the cpu itself had a serial number on it. Well thanks for the input, I think I'll see about a guy I read about who'll fix it for $30. Again thanks.

This is not the route I wanted to take but it is the only way to not have a new worthless CPU unless you know a different route I could take.

Yeah, buy a new one instead of sticking a company for your mistake.

They dont cover someone jamming the thing in sideways and breaking pins thats just plain not going to be covered sorry , hope you can find a guy that can somehow fix the pins ..

Thread moved to the OSNN market place.

Yeah... Im gonna be saying its your fault, thus don't even try to get a free processor out of it.
No box anyways..

They call them ZIF sockets for a reason.

Zero Insertion Force

Reminds me of the day I bent about 10 pins removing an amd cpu when the heatsink got stuck :) I must hold the world record for longest period of time without a heart beat :p

Allright, let's stop beating the poor guy up. I think he got the point

I think I have learned my lesson about ZIF. I'm not sure about this guy I was talking about earlier but he shows all of his personal information so I think I'll check if that really is his info through whois. His website is http://motherboardrepair.com . If anyone else has used him, though I highly doubt it, could you tell me about your experiences with him. Thanks.

Also, as a sidenote to American Zombie no offense intended, I'm very surprised to see a man of your age being so technologically inclined, given that my father is slightly younger than you and hardly knows how to use a mouse.

Last edited:
Oh snap, he just cracked on you because of your age...

Yes and I am 42 ... I say we take offence on the young'n and kick his @ss

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back