does anyone else have a 9700 pro?

i have a 9700 pro. and i just downloaded ATI tool 0.0.21 and im wondering what i should put my core and memroy at.

the core at default is 324. memory at default is 310.50.

any ideas.

it depends entirely on your card and the cooling...

some people can barely go over 340/320 (I know... its weird) and others can achieve stable 360/360 clocks...

mine tops out @ 380/370 though with better cooling I think I can push it a little further...

there is a tool that checks for artifacts as your clocks rise... you can use that to check for a stable oc IF thats what you wanna get into :D

hmm i think i may would reasonable testing to see if the card would overlclock be that bad for the card..

9700 pro overclocking question

when your overclocking does the core and the memory have to be at the same mhz? the ati tool lets me not do it but isnt that how its supost to work or something? or am i just being crazy.

Defaults. for 9700 pro

Core: 325.00
Memory: 310.00

ok here is what i got overclocking.
Core: 340.20
Memory: 331.20

no artifacts.

in running doom 3 timedemo demo1

High Quality
1024x768
No AA

Defaults.
1st run. 27.8 FPS
2nd run. 36.7 FPS

Overclocking.
1st run. 34.0 FPS
2nd run. 38.6 FPS

High Quality
1024x768
AA 2x

Defaults.
1st run. 27.8 FPS
2nd run. 30.6 FPS

Overclocking.
1st run. 29.4 FPS
2nd run. 32.2 FPS

what do you guys think...

and do you think some more cooling will help this go up higher? if so what do you guys reccomend.

sazzar what brand of card do you have and do you have stock cooling allready on it?

just to warn u...u should put your 2 last posts together cause a mod might say somethin about u double posting and stuff but maybe they wont cause the times r far enough part

I have a Sapphire 9700 Pro and my defaults are set at 324 core and 310.5 memory... Not sure I will overclock it though because only have stock cooling and do not have any backup card if anything went wrong, want to get full lifespan from my card I guess

IMO it's not worth the dangers of overclocking when your only gonna get like less then 10fps boost.

Xie said:
IMO it's not worth the dangers of overclocking when your only gonna get like less then 10fps boost.

Exactly. I must second this opinion. I gave up on OCing a long time ago.

I am running a built by ati card... ie ATi branded... most if not all All-in-Wonders are ATi branded...

no modifications and running stock cooler...

iv decided that the performace increas insnt worth the life depreciation of the card. :)

OCing is fine - I don't do it myself but you need to consider the risks and saftey guide which is

-Make sure you get a good quality cooling fan before you attempt to OC as OCing raises the temperature
-I would make slight ajustments instead of wacking it up to a ridiclous level which could cause you to evacuate an area say the size of of three football pitches (No, only kidding here, it will just stop working :D). A safe level is say 1-3 Mhz at a time.
-Bare in mind if your card isn't of a quality make, OCing will shorten the life without cooling etc.

Having said that, all cards are worth tweaking, but you just need to be careful :)

sraycoz said:
iv decided that the performace increas insnt worth the life depreciation of the card. :)

darn, right after I posted my hint guide as well :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back