Does 8rda+ report temps higher or lower?

D

Digerati

I have an Epox 8rda+ with the latest bios and was just wondering if this board tends to report cpu temps higher or lower than actual temperatures?

J

jumpy

The 8RDA tends to report the temps between 5-10 degrees lower than they actually are, even up to 15 degrees lower in some circumstances :eek:

J

jumpy

Yes :)

Info is from overclockers australia forums, but no linky because you have to be a member to view their forums.

P

PeterGee1

so where else would I find that info if not on those forums? I'd like to know the same thing about my board too

J

jumpy

The reason boards like the 8RDA read temperatures wrongly is because they don't use the athlon's on-die thermistor to measure temps. Instead they use a socket thermistor which can often be out by a few degrees. 15 degrees is a bit extreme and perhaps exaggerated but definitely the error is in the vicinity of 5 degrees+. The only way to get a real temperature reading is to buy your own thermal probe.

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Originally posted by jumpy
The reason boards like the 8RDA read temperatures wrongly is because they don't use the athlon's on-die thermistor to measure temps. Instead they use a socket thermistor which can often be out by a few degrees. 15 degrees is a bit extreme and perhaps exaggerated but definitely the error is in the vicinity of 5 degrees+. The only way to get a real temperature reading is to buy your own thermal probe.
Ah I see... no wonder when I overclock my XP2100+ to 2GHz, the temps show as 36°C load. Must be at least mid-40s. Thanks for the info! :D
You might have just saved my CPU!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut