Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
I'm liking this car :)
The styling the power for the size,
the options.
Man, i might have to pick me up one of these.
www.Dodge.com/Nitro

I dont know but in my book, Dodge has just been hitting one home run after another with their cars:

Ram (Hemi, SRT10)
Charger (Daytona, SRT8)
Magnum (Daytona, SRT8)
Caliber (R/T)
Viper :)
Neon (SRT4)
Nitro (R/T)

Im liking their line :)

No coincidence that things that are shady are called Dodgy...

I have absolutely no need for an SUV. In fact, I kind of hate them.

I have to completely disagree -- I think Dodge is striking out every time. IMO, that Nitro is hideous. I drove a Dodge Caliber as a rental car recently and almost everything about the interior felt cheap. I don't consider Dodge vehicles to be very reliable, either...

Wow, where to begin?
First off, every one of you disregaurded me saying the SRT versions or R/T versions, the nitro has 260 hp in teh R/T version and for its weight that is impressive. As well as the Caliber, im sure the one u rented was the bad 12k dollar one, that is no better than a corolla.
As far as quality, Dodge is great, I know from two experiences, My Charger SRT8, and the company Dakota. Dodge used to be real bad, but then Mercedes bought them and they turned a new leaf. I dont really appreciate the blatant disregard for fact. I do appreciate the In my opinions on its looks, and NLM with his dislike of fast cars :).

Thought id set things straight

O and the Dakota is 3 months old with 12,000 miles on it.
My dad has been driving it everywhere, since he doesnt have to pay for gas on it :)

Last edited:
Wow, where to begin?
First off, every one of you disregaurded me saying the SRT versions or R/T versions, the nitro has 260 hp in teh R/T version and for its weight that is impressive. As well as the Caliber, im sure the one u rented was the bad 12k dollar one, that is no better than a corolla.
As far as quality, Dodge is great, I know from two experiences, My Charger SRT8, and the company Dakota. Dodge used to be real bad, but then Mercedes bought them and they turned a new leaf. I dont really appreciate the blatant disregard for fact. I do appreciate the In my opinions on its looks, and NLM with his dislike of fast cars :).

Thought id set things straight

O and the Dakota is 3 months old with 12,000 miles on it.
My dad has been driving it everywhere, since he doesnt have to pay for gas on it :)

Dodges have gotten a little better.

Heard nothing about the old Dodge rams...the style before the new style. Like 95 on up. 3 people that had dodges have had there tranny go out before 120,000 miles. My step dads tranny just went out a few weeks ago and it has 103,000ish :dead:.

Dodge has some nice things here and there but not a big fan. They messed up by making a 4 door Charger.

O and I give lots of credit to Dodge (aka: diamond chrysler) for there Jeep line and the 4.0

I would take Jeep any day :)

My mom's Cherokee lays rubber pretty good and its quick. 4liter baby :)

We bought a new Nissan Xterra earlier this year and before that I did a lot of vehicle research on ConsumerReports.com (paid subscription). I don't recall seeing good ratings on any Dodge vehicles, and I can't go back to check that since I'm not subscribed anymore. Perhaps they have improved quality, but it often takes a long time for manufacturers to rebuild a reputation that's been viewed as weak.

O and I give lots of credit to Dodge (aka: diamond chrysler) for there Jeep line and the 4.0

I would take Jeep any day :)

My mom's Cherokee lays rubber pretty good and its quick. 4liter baby :)

Speaking of Jeep -- my parents have a 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo that they bought new that year. It has had an unbelievable number of problems. From what I recall the suspension had to be redone twice in the first year, the back hatch quit opening several times while they've had it, and the back bench seat has never laid down like it's supposed to. I warned them about the quality of Jeep before they bought it, and now they know and won't buy one again.

The Wranglers may be another thing -- I can't speak from experience on those.

Daimler Chrysler :)
Anyways, NLM: you said you dont like any of the SRTs which are all fast cars/trucks.
A car company can improve its line quickly, if the car company is bought by a good company
The Nitro also has a 4.0 Litre...
It IS a jeep.
They didnt mess up making a 4 door charger, they messed up by making a 2.5 Litre 4 door charger.

Hahaha,
The Hummer H2, yes.
H1, no.
H3, no
i think the camry should be banned, theres too many of them

How does that relate to the daimler chrysler - dodge connection at all?
Everyone knows that Mercedes are horrible reliability, any european lux sedan is.
You buy a European Lux sedan for the ride, the style, and the bragging rights, not because u cant afford the 5000 a year in repairs.

I am not talking about a daimler/chrysler - dodge connection in the context you allude it to be in.

I am pointing out to muzi that daimler/chrysler suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back