DOD Startup songs...

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hi, i thought i'd post a thread with the Day of Defeat startup songs, me and my friend like them a lot, and i don't think they are even in the game anymore.
I use gfscape to get them from the game...

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Well actually, i should look before i speak. Aparently OSNN has a 1,000 kb limit on wma's so... You can im me if you want it or i dont know if a moderator can fix it by putting it on or does anyone know of a good file compression software? Post your replies please.
-Jack

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I dont think you can post those files, since they are property of Valve. You can keep them for yourself to listen to, but you cannot distribute them.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I dont believe they are copyrighted. or protected in any way
plus i am not making any gain off of this event. I doubt that it is in any way shape or form illegal...
the songs are like 30 seconds...
-Jack

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
It doesnt matter if they are protected.. besides being inside the .gcf file is the protection. And they are copyrighted guaranteed, I mean cmon... you pay for the right to play the game.. of course they are copyrighted.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Thank you so much!
I guess you don'tnot like me..
Anyways should i post them or not, since you provide the software ill let you decide...
-Jack

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Well, I am pretty sure it would be Illegal to post them. So I say just enjoy them :)

What you could do though, it maybe write a tutorial for those who dont know how to extract files from the .gcf That way people who own the game can do it themselves and you dont need to worry about distributed it.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Yah, but i was gonna post them because i don't think steam has the files in the game folder anymore, i think they might have taken them out because when i start the game i dont hear the songs, however it could be that i removed them... Do you have DOD source?
If so do you hear the songs when the game starts?
Thanks a lot,
Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel