DOA Memory stick, two options to choose from

MC82

Procrastinator
I recently bought 2 sticks of kingston 512MB PC3200 400MHz memory sticks.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3645865?site=sa:Homepage:Spot1

I need to know what you guys think of this memory, I just found out one of the sticks are DOA and i am pass the return period. So now I have two options, buy two new memory sticks that you guys recommend and sell the one working stick on ebay, or I can just buy one more of this stick to replace the DOA one.

Any advise would be great, thanks

Another Question I have is, now that I have my new system running, for some reason when i drag windows around, it lags... its not as smooth as my old system. Is this due to the memory? the video card is the same.

MC82 said:
I need to know what you guys think of this memory, I just found out one of the sticks are DOA and i am pass the return period.
How could that be, are you dead ?
Kingston 512MB PC3200 400MHz 64x64 HyperX DDR Memory 184Pin - Model #KHX3200A/512 - Lifetime Warranty

Get it replaced by Kingston, its good stuff :yowch:

When did you buy it?

If it's less than 30 days, according to the site, you can still apply for an RMA No. and return it.

haha, no im not dead, i mean i am pass the return date.

its way pass the 30 days, I bought it in october, but couldnt use it till now.

I have bought many Kingston sticks of memory and any that I have had problems with they have taken back and replaced. Even ones that are a couple YEARS old. Forget the site you bought them on. Get on https://www.ec.kingston.com/web_rma/default.asp and request an RMA. Then once they email you that, all you have to do is ship it back to them, and they will ship you a new stick in about 2 weeks. They are a great company and honor their warrenty no questions asked. Hope this helps.

Mark Langridge

MC

Duh. You got it as a Christmas gift so it is not past the 30 days. Wink, wink. Christams gift trick always works.

I've had no trouble with Kingston so I'd go for an exchange.

Marcus, great advise, I did what you said but I actually called them on saturday, wow they have great service, I was impressed. But basically the CSR told me that the memory was meant for OCing so all I had to do was increase the voltage through the bios to 7.25V. Now everything works out great on one of the modules, the other one still getting erros with memtest86+ so they have offered for me to exchange it.

thanks for the advice guys. and LeeJend, never thought that would work, hmmm I will have to try it on this game i received, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back