Do you want to be a pilot tester for Chrome os?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
Google is taking applicants for the google chrome pilot program. It will include a free 12 inch netbok that has the os on it.

More info: Pilot Program - Chrome OS

Nice, signed up. :) Not sure why everyone is so down on this ... seems better then a netbook to me (the opposite seems to be the biggest nock against it).

I think the idea has me set off xie;

the principle from what I understand, the chrome os is pretty much just a bios, basic in out system plus browser, you are using an internet operating system and remote hardrive for everything else

if I'm right, I have no real use for that other then superficial entertainment, do you?

my content is far too sensitive for that kind of storage and far to valuable to only be available when I have internet access

still, it does sound nifty for certain internet thingys and I do believe I will sign up too

Last edited:
Paris, I used the os on parallels, it is a nice one. It is one of those things were you have to try it to get a full opinion about it ...

I think the idea has me set off xie;

the principle from what I understand, the chrome os is pretty much just a bios, basic in out system plus browser, you are using an internet operating system and remote hardrive for everything else

if I'm right, I have no real use for that other then superficial entertainment, do you?

my content is far too sensitive for that kind of storage and far to valuable to only be available when I have internet access

still, it does sound nifty for certain internet thingys and I do believe I will sign up too

It's basically a system that boots to Chrome. So you can do everything you do in Chrome now ... plus the new apps they have in the app store. I've heard that some stuff is stored locally till it is uploaded to the "cloud". Also I would imagine that everything to and from Google is encrypted and I'm sure it's stored encrypted as well. It's really not any different then using gmail or gdocs ... or even chrome really. :)

I knew it would be US only :(
I hope one of you get one and give us your full opinion ;)

Yeah, I signed up also and didn't get picked.

Not sure what try did it ... but came home to a ChromeOS lappy! :D I took a few pics ... going to set it up and take a few more and maybe post some here. :)

I just did a little write up on my site ... but I <3 OSNN so here are some pics of my unboxing. My battery is still charging (directions say to give it a full charge before play) so I haven't used it yet. Once I get a chance to play with it some I'll come back and let you know what I think.

hmmm... I'm not sure how to create thumbnails quickly from my pics. I don't t think I can attach them as they are all 1+MB in size and I'm lazy (aka should be doing my school work). I guess I'll just plug my post and if someone wants to steal the pics and shrink/post them that would be great.

What's That? A ChromeOS Laptop you say? SWEET!

:laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back