Do you want 1000MB inbox for free?

hotmale

OSNN Addict
Do you want a 1000MB inbox for free? Sure you do! :p But no, I'm not talking about Gmail.
You can sign up for this Arabic website called Maktoob and get a 1GB inbox right away :eek: . And don't worry, almost everything's in English. It also has a feature which can let you retrieve e-mails from a hotmail or msn account if you have one. I've just signed up and it seems cool. Hope it doesn't let me down.

Here's their English homepage: http://www.maktoob.com/MAIN/?mm=87080

almost everything is in english...i unno

Well with all the crazyness in the world right now, I am going to steer clear of arabic sites. Paranoid, over reacting, probley.

Gmail's great too. But if someone's concerned about privacy or (like me) didn't get an invite, this is a good solution.
Don't let the fact that it's an Arabic website, put you off. Take a look and you wouldn't even notice it's Arabic.

Maveric169 said:
Well with all the crazyness in the world right now, I am going to steer clear of arabic sites. Paranoid, over reacting, probley.
I don't see how terrorism... has anything to do with an e-mail service.
They sure wouldn't send you anthrax as an attachment :eek:

who said anything about terrorism??

I am staying with gmail ... all english and there is www.spymac.com also all in english.

hotmale said:
how about instead of an emoticon you actually say something... I hate repeating myself...

no one said anything about terrorism (dont go down that road) "crazyness in the world" could be inferred that way but it could also be seen in other ways. Putting words into other peoples posts is not a good thing.

I am done with this thread.

Calm down guys, lets stay on topic.

Back on topic:
Might be a good alternative to those who haven't had a chance yet to experience GMail. For the rest, I think they're satisfied with their GMail account, as I am. :)

Well I wasn't refering to terrorism, not sure how an email account could get you in trouble that way anyways. I was refering to alot of virus problems and lack of security in many foreign servers, ISP's, ect.

Maveric169 said:
Well I wasn't refering to terrorism, not sure how an email account could get you in trouble that way anyways. I was refering to alot of virus problems and lack of security in many foreign servers, ISP's, ect.
Sorry I jumped to conclusions too quickly. The reason I drifted to a wrong conclusion is you specified that you're steering clear coz it's an Arabic site. Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

Unwonted said:
What's the max attachment size?
I don't know but I'll surely let you know if I find out.

hotmale said:
Sorry I jumped to conclusions too quickly. The reason I drifted to a wrong conclusion is you specified that you're steering clear coz it's an Arabic site. Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

I don't know but I'll surely let you know if I find out.
Yup, no problem.

Unwonted said:
Don't forget car bombs, too.
Humm If a car can come through my email, then I will worry about that.

About a year ago there was email service through a japanees(sp) site that was offering a 10GB mailbox and upto 1GB attachments. So I signed up. Mainly for the emailing of multiple large documents and graphics, and some programs. That was till everything I received and sent contained a virus, or several of them. When I finally ended using the email service the last thing I got off there had 1,430+ viruses. My McAfee caught them all but there were so many all at once it crashed my pc. It took 8 reboots before my virus protection cleaned or quarentined all the viruses and would no longer over load my comp.

So yea, I am a bit paranoid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back