Do you use Windows or Linux?

Which do you use?

• Total voters

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
the title says it all :D

i just tried out linux last week, and i have to say i am loving it. i just tried ubuntu, it looks and feels really polished and well thought out, all hardware worked out-of-the-box. maybe i will switch from xp one day :rolleyes:

Linux thank you, windows only when I need to...:)

Gentoo at home, Win2k at work.

I use both, but primarily Linux these days.

Gaming is the only reason I keep a Windows machine at home. And my interest in that is waning because my desktop machine is getting older and unable to run some of the newer games very well.

I left Fedora and jumped onto the Ubuntu bandwagon and haven't looked back since.

Windows on the desktop, and an Exchange mail server.
Linux and FreeBSD for web servers and some dev work.

Why pick one when you can have the best of both worlds, eh? :)

Windows Vista on my production box.
Windows Vista on my notebook.
Windows Server 2003 for my mail server (Exchange).
Fedora for my web hosting server.

madmatt: Fedora is a horrible choice for a web server, if you want Red Hat, use CentOS.

madmatt: Fedora is a horrible choice for a web server, if you want Red Hat, use CentOS.
I will be purchasing a new server and additional licensing for Windows Server within the next six months.

The Fedora server will be phased out after that or used for different purposes. Thank you for the advice, moving forward with that server afterwards I will look into CentOS.

While I voted windows only, I have CentOS, FreeBSD and windows servers.

I use XP, would like to be running linux though

windows mostly at work (although I'll be putting in some CentOS boxes soon for some network montoring and also probably an SMTP gateway server running postfix/spam assassin/etc)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back