Do you use newsfeeds?

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I was just curious to see how many people here at OSNN subscribe to newsfeeds in any form - RSS aggregators, KlipFolio etc. - and what feeds you go through regularly.

Personally, I use the RSS Reader panel extension for Firefox to manage all my feeds. It's a really convenient way to see just the headlines and, sometimes, a short excerpt of the news stories posted on all the sites I regularly visit.
smile.gif

I use NetNewsWire, doesn't seem to like the OSNN RDF Feeds though :\

netnewswire.jpg

I use Desktop Sidebar and Firefox...either or :)

SPeedY_B said:
I use NetNewsWire, doesn't seem to like the OSNN RDF Feeds though :\
Yeah, the VirtuaNews backend RDF feed shows up in the Firefox RSS Reader, but there are no news excerpts, just the titles. Same is the case with Neowin, and some other sites.

They have random tags in there for Klipfolio which borks things for other readers.

RDF is more complex than RSS. RSS is uber-simple which is probably why some readers won't display it properly.

I use the News plugin for Trillian Pro. I used to have 7 or 8 feeds on there, but now I only have the Yahoo! News feed.

I used to use the BBC ticker tape, a couple of years back, don't anymore as I don't trust them to tell me news that is factual and not 'sexed' up!

Speedy: I might well be able to fix that, have done alot of work on looking into virtuanews modules and might well make some changes to the system.

Electronic Punk said:
Speedy: I might well be able to fix that, have done alot of work on looking into virtuanews modules and might well make some changes to the system.
If viable, it would probably be best for us to have an RSS feed alongside the current (more complex) RDF feed which we have.

I will most likely go back to the default for the newer feed and change the old one to klip or something.

Yeah that's what I mean, a nice simple RSS2.0 feed should work with almost anything. Could make the current/old one absolutely klipolio compatible then (if there's anything currently in it that's not essential for the klip for example)

Can anyone tell me what the RSS or the RDF feed urls are? I am try to setup news feed with Samurize V1.55

We're working on them, basically they work until someone posts news with dodgy characters in, which we either need to remove, or actually make the RDF parser remove.

Not sure if a quick htmlspecialchars(); on the lot would help or not though :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back