Do you think we need to start a political thread spot?

Would a spot for political motivated or charged threads be nice?

• Yes i think a seperate political spot would be nice.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Green room is fine.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • shut up VenomXt

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
zeke_mo said:
The only kind of heat around here should be the kind you get off an intel CPU.
Hahaha! Now that deserves some reps.
laugh.gif

(108 points, you lucky dog)

I wanted to say yes but saw the chance to vote "shut up" I had to hit option 3

;p;

zeke_mo said:
Nope, it would ruin the feeling of the forums here. As of now, we have a tech forum of ppl that for the most part keep their cool. If there was a politcal thread, people would be mean and no longer helpful to others that might have upset them in the politcal thread. The only kind of heat around here should the kind you get off an intel CPU. Keep the peace, vote no on Prop. T

Funny thing is, people don't have to read them, nor hit the reply button to them if they don't want to or are these types of threads like really bad car accidents, you hate to look but you still do anyways...

Well the choice really comes down to whether the mods want the political topics to remain in the Green Room, or whether they'd like to sort them out of this room. A political section likely could bring more political topics, but it isn't like there aren't any in these forums already.

Another forum, which well saz knows about (not sure if we should drop in other forum names or not) didn't always have a political forum. I remember the days before it did, and many of us put political topics in their general forum. It came to the point (and I don't seem to remember prompting by us) that they decided to add one, and seperate the topics out.

On the surface, a political forum isn't necessarily a bad idea, and if there are enough political topics to warrant, could help sort the forums out further. People don't have to read, or contribute more then they chose, unless one is a glutton for self punishment...

zeke_mo said:
Nope, it would ruin the feeling of the forums here. As of now, we have a tech forum of ppl that for the most part keep their cool. If there was a politcal thread, people would be mean and no longer helpful to others that might have upset them in the politcal thread.
Yeah I can see this as possible, and would hate to see it happen here.

Kr0m said:
Funny thing is, people don't have to read them, nor hit the reply button to them if they don't want to or are these types of threads like really bad car accidents, you hate to look but you still do anyways...

Funny thing is, how many people would actually not click? Im sure every person would read it, its just in our nature to be curious. I still think that it would ruin the feeling of the forums here; its OSNN not OPNN(you figure it out) *goes to register domain*

With as many political motivated threads that we have had going i think it might be nice to take some heat off the green room. This is just my two cents and feel free to shut me up. But i think it would be nice to have a political (all nationalities) thread spot started.

not really - think about it - all hell would break loose

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back