Do You Leave Your System On for days?

Originally posted by Nick M
If you think running all that is crazy...I have an even longer list that I am too lazy to type. :p

all that while you are still in the "Before the coffee is gone" phase....

Once again, what would happen to you once the coffee is gone ???

I leave my system on most of the time as I work very sporadically.... Anytime I have free 5 minutes, I jump to my machine and do something.... at least, check my email and answer what needs to be answered.

that is why....

but what about the others ?????

Originally posted by sboulema
nope i shutdown my pc every evening
me too. i used to leave it on all the time, but that was when i lived on-campus and wasn't paying the electric bills.

Originally posted by Infinite0
me too. i used to leave it on all the time, but that was when i lived on-campus and wasn't paying the electric bills.

Me too, I never cared about anything electrical. I'd go out and leave my telly on, radio, had a fridge freezer :D

Now I have to be tight with the bills, in a house now :(

Insane Xsiv. Insane! 45 + days..without a restart...that has to be a linux box.

as am I.. 30 days, and counting..

Originally posted by Nick M
Insane Xsiv. Insane! 45 + days..without a restart...that has to be a linux box.
No, XP Pro. :cool: What sux though is I have another stick of DDR to add and I don't wanna lose my uptime. I am torn. ;) I'll wait a while longer to add the other 256mb.

LAMO!

Whahah! Dude, that is seriously funny.

I just turned off my computer today, opened it, cleaned it, added two more HDDs :)

I turn mine off and on like 3 or 4 times a day lol. Being the cold starting sob it is it can be annoying and hilarious when it finds some of the funniest spots to hang on.

Originally posted by xsivforce
No, XP Pro. :cool: What sux though is I have another stick of DDR to add and I don't wanna lose my uptime. I am torn. ;) I'll wait a while longer to add the other 256mb.

hahh, i know how you feel, last ram stick i installed into this box was on a 2 week uptime, but i caved in and powered off :D

Heh, If I were on a 2 week uptime I would not hesitate to add the ram. But, 7 weeks is a different story. ;) Kind of a "pride" thing. :happy:

Heh, If I were on a 2 week uptime I would not hesitate to add the ram. But, 7 weeks is a different story. ;) Kind of a "pride" thing. :happy:

I know how that goes =)

Pride thing. Like with excessive ram and typing for the sake of getting a high Pulse count..

Anyone with a Project Dolphin Account, the numbers are going to be reset sometime in the next year, early Jaunary I heard

Shame. It's a great thing, really. Pointless but fun. :p

just go for it in Hibernation xsivforce I have removed and replace ram sticks while in hibernation, it was OK for a little bit longer, but better to power off though

where do you get that uptime thinger in your sig though

yeah it worked, but I cant remember if it got fux0red quickly or if it didnt "pickup" the new RAM socket

It is perfectly fine if you are replacing an existing RAM stick, ir 2 128s and you replace one of the 128s then its fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back