do you Floppy or Not?

dubstar

format c:
do you guys have floppy drives ...3.5" disk drive or even a 5"

just to see who's where.

to kick it off... i do not have a floppy, and havent for almost 1 year exactly.:D

Always have... always will. (3.5) :D

They ARE good for things ya know. :p

dubstar... Maybe should turn this into a poll??? :confused:

I'd like a poll! My vote goes against floppies. If I need a file 1.44 MB or less in another location, I'll email it to myself or burn it to a CD that I never close.

I got a floppy (3.5) and I suppose I will for a while into the future.

Haven't had one since November 2001. Approx one month after XP came out. That's how I remember the date.

Heeter

Have the drive, but don't use it. I've got a flash drive and it does all I need.

Can't boot off a flash drive though. I have floppies for startup disks for Partition Magic, Norton Ghost, WIndows 9x, Seagate Discwizard, Western Digital Lifeguard tools, Maxtor Maxblast, AVG and Norton Antivirus, Madbootdisk, Memory diagnostics etc...

I've read that you can boot from a flash drive under certain circumstances, but that doesn't matter to me anyhow since I always boot to CD.

Originally posted by muzikool
I've read that you can boot from a flash drive under certain circumstances, but that doesn't matter to me anyhow since I always boot to CD.

Ditto! 702 MB of shiny goodness...

my FDD is in the spares box, comes out for the odd bios flash.

I have a floppy and for one purpose only: installing SATA drivers during XP installs. I don't think there's any other way.

i still have a floppy drive, but i never use it, i always burn onto cd/email/usb key it :cool:

Havent got one, no. But there are 2 working on other computers on my network.

My laptop dosent have a floppy but I do have a SD Media reader in it and it can boot off of it plus I can boot off the usb also.

Still have mine, havn't used it for ages though, either use CD or flash pen drive (which you can make bootable)

I have a 3.5" (still use it sometimes) but my dad has both 3.5" and a 5.25" (which isn't used much ;)).

I have one. I use it for dianosis and such, as well as fdisking the drives. As far as they go though you don't really need them anymore. Alot of things are on boot cd's. If you just use it for the small things I guess it would still be good though.

Also does anyone still have a drive B - Tape Drive ?? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back