Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
I wonder, do you believe in God? Why? Why not?

Or...what do you believe happens after you die?

Please, please, don't flame/argue with other people's opinions. I really would like this to be a good, quality thread, not something that is going to get closed.

Thank you!

- Nick

i personally do not know whats going to happen to me after I die, I would like to think that I am going to go to a better place but I'm not 100% sure that this "place" exists so I just live my life how I think I should live it I'm an honest person generally a good guy and when I die if there is such a "place" if thats where I end up cool. but if I just stop being then how would I ever know? haha:p

i don't believe in god, and as for what happens when you die? worm food

i just think its kinda childish, like the santa thing, "if your good all year your will get presents, if your bad you will get nothing" if your good all your life you will go to heaven if your bad you will go to hell. its the sorta thing someone would say to scare people into not destroying eachother, to try to keep peace

i think man created god as a sence of security, so that people would always have someone "looking down on them" in times of need and such

there are so many variations of god, how could one be "right" and the rest be "wrong" how do you know your worshipping the right god? Because of this a hell-of-allot people would be sent to hell for worshiping false gods.

Darwin's theory of evolution is what i believe because at least theres evidence of it. blind faith just don't cut it with me.

having said that, if people want to believe in god i dont care, i would't go *****ing to them about it, i respect other peoples views.

i know that is a crappy argument before you say anything, but I'm tired and its hard to type when your hands are freezing. :)

I don't believe in God...Look at the state of the world .
I've never been to church , wasn't married in church and my kids haven't been Christened .

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I've never been to church , wasn't married in church and my kids haven't been Christened .

I think the whole "evil" thing was a dead give away there :D

lmao...

me = non believer also...

does it make me a worse person ? I dunno... that will depend on peoples perspectives... but I don't judge one by their religion either :)

as is too many die in the name of religion...

new disease... I agree with some of your thoughts :)

/me emphasis the SOME in that

Nick I added an extra poll subject... Some may believe in something, but they may not say or thing it's God or A God.

Originally posted by Sazar
new disease... I agree with some of your thoughts :)

/me emphasis the SOME in that

lol yea i was kinda all-over-the-place in that post :D

So you believe that since things are so bad there there must not be a god? huh fair enough, thats why I don't want to have kids.

Originally posted by New Disease
and as for what happens when you die? worm food

Actually I don't think you just become Worm Food... All energy, be it from any source, including a Human Being is never destroyed. It changes form but continues. All you school youngsters should know this. So how do we know what happens to us when we die? Some people have actually died and come back... and they tell some strange stories about what they saw or think they saw. Now THEY really know about what happens after death. We can only speculate... :cool:

even for those people that do not believe in god, there is still a life after...this is a provable fact;

for instance, a member mentioned worm food...even with this concept, your life goes forward from that very instant.

the worm becomes food, and everything the worm has eaten moves forward

and on and on, toward the top of the chain...

it's the circle of life

and what of your mind, your thoughts, your past...your "soul" so to speak.

even this moves forward.

any scientist will tell you, there can be, and is no destruction of energy.

none...

energy is eternal...though it can change form, from one energy to another, from light energy to heat, from heat energy to mechanical, mechanical to light.

and energy does in fact turn into mass, and back to energy again

a circle in life.

more on point, certain energy demonstrates cohesion...we've all heard of radio waves remaining cohesive for generations, haven't we

it is well within our understanding of physics that our "soul" is cohesive, and it can in fact, lie in wait...to move forward.

even without god,

this is the circle of life

Originally posted by Krux
So you believe that since things are so bad there there must not be a god? huh fair enough, thats why I don't want to have kids.

Look at all the trouble in the world that is caused by Religion.
Makes you wonder how we'd all live without any religion at all.

I don't know what comes after we die but when my father in law died 10 year ago he told my son that if it was possible he'd come back and tell us what happens after death but nothing ever happened :confused:

gonaads...you came in seconds before I did.

youre were the faster, but I was the more eloquent:cool:

you must have a great fujucking mind...you think like me

I agree the world is troubled, but there has rarely been a time in the history of the world and since b4 man that there hasn't been some kind of problem. I was thinking more along the pollution lines. I don't want to bring a child into the world that is gonna have to where a gas mask to go outside.

It's allright Gonaads. thanks. :)

Your extra option has a typo " or some sort " I think it's meant to be " of some sort "

Do I believe in God? In Biblical terms, I have difficulty believing in that sort of thing, that there is a supreme being of some sort. How could that be possible?

I remeber the few times I talked to my father, he told me this once, I believe it's a quote from a Russian writer, from the 15th century. Goes something like this " You, you try to understand God. Look at the sun, it shines, and you know it's there, yet, with your eyes, you can not look directy at it, without burning your eyes out. If you can not fully look at one of Gods creations, then how do you expect to see and fully understand God? "

If you look at it from that way, it's believe able. I believe the average human uses what, 10 % of our brain? That's quite limited, in terms that we have 90% unused.

So, even thinking in terms along the lines of what is writen above, I still can't understand, but, perhaps I am not expected to.

I don't believe in hell. Not the hell people picture with the flames, people boiling, and all the bullsh!t. Neither do I believe in heaven, that heaven where angels fly, and there is a paradise. For some reason, that world, I can not grasp or imagine, and perhaps I never will.

I don't believe in luck, and I don't have any belief in destiny. I take it as everything in this world is linked in one way or another. That's another thing.

Speaking of luck, and I'm not imaging this, or making it pretty for you to read, I'm telling the truth, things have happened to me since I was a little kid, and I'm surprised I'm alive. If I jinx myself and die tonight, I'm sorry...

When I was a little kid, I fell of a high chair, directly on my nose. Little as in less then 7 months. And it was a really high chair. Wooden floor. The doctors later said that it was amazing that I didn't die or snap my neck from the impact, and that blood loss was minimal from that kind of fall.

Later on, I've had a flying piece of metal from a car accident that happened a few feet infront of me, zip past my neck, to an extent that I could feel it passing by. Another time, I got in a very bad bike accident, and it's amazing that I did not break my neck, loose both my eyes, or some thing else, after hitting a car, flying for a little while, rolling, then smalling down face first into a pile of glass.

Then again, one night, someone tried to run me down with a car. Late evening, I was crossing the street, it was a big avenue, as I was in the very middle, someone in a Camery, black with dark windows, gunned either engine. On red light, straight towards me. At that time, I had a messed up knee, and was limping. Anyway, the car only grazed my pants, it missed me by millimeters.

And yet another time, a hard pine needle got in my eye...went all the way in the back. I managed to take it out myself, very painful, when I went to the doctor late on, she said, amazing how it didn't take out my eye, or sever nerves.

Similar things happened to me. I've been led to believe that something, must be watching over me, In one way or another. I am in no way branding myself special, or something in that fashion, just saying that I trully believe something amazing had to happen in order for me not to permenantly hurt myself, or die.

I'm a skeptic, and I'm often pessimist. I can be happy, but that's rare, life isn't that grand for me, I have many things, but I'm not happy with most anything.

Anyway, on my views on this sort of thing... I was born in communist times, when religion was banned. So there was not any hope of that, my grandmother was not religious, neither was my aunt, or my mother. My father went to Church everyonce in a while, he had his reasons.

When I moved here, which was 8, I still didn't quite have a religion.

After all the things that have happened to me... I went to Church last year, and was baptised, or Christened, and now am Russian Orthodox.

I don't attend Church, but, I feel better having a cross with me, and knowing that possibly I'm not alone.

After death? I don't know, I refuse to believe that you just die and it is over, because if so, there is no point to life. If that's true, I don't want to live knowing that.

I believe there must be something, there has to be. I am more then just an organic machine, I am more then just never signals in my cells, I am more then my heart and my brain.

I believe we have a soul, a spirit, and perhaps it moves on with us...maybe it has been tainted with another experience prior to us, been somewhere else.

Look at all the trouble in the world that is caused by Religion.
Makes you wonder how we'd all live without any religion at all.

here is a thread all by itself marge.

I am absolutely positive that if there is "god", he surely hates religion

However, to add one more thing, regarding religion, I honestly think there are some...bad religions. That brainwash people into things.

People should think and believe for themselves, and base things on that has happened, and what they believe, and what they have learned, not what some person tells them to do.

Sure, I have been taught by my parents, but most things, I learned for myself. You can call me a stupid 14 year old, as some people do, but...that's their flaw, not mine.

Originally posted by Nick M
However, to add one more thing, regarding religion, I honestly think there are some...bad religions. That brainwash people into things.

People should think and believe for themselves, and base things on that has happened, and what they believe, and what they have learned, not what some person tells them to do.

Sure, I have been taught by my parents, but most things, I learned for myself. You can call me a stupid 14 year old, as some people do, but...that's their flaw, not mine.

all religions require some sort of brainwashing if what you say is proper...

you are always expected to follow a code of conduct...

btw thpse statements are highly inflamatory... I would reconsider the wording if I could else you could well close your very own thread :)

btw... the earlier post... with all the things that happened ? seems like yer bad luck m8... and people trying to run you over?

hmm... I think I can see why now :)

Don't believe in luck :p

Opps, I had to post that, oh well :D

I know that when I pray at night, I am talking to myself.

I think I'm god

my girlfriend calls me god as she's...nevermind

anyway, anyone wants to pray to me, that'd be fine

Now everyone think about this... In the times when Religion was more or less created or began to actually be a form of mass religious practice there was very little in the form of technology. There wasn't any to speak of.

Now any one being/person that had a gift of supernatural power, be it telekinisis, being able to read a persons mind, levitation or whatever. If that person was to use their power to help people and speak of good and help one another and such, what would they think of that person??? Oh, he is a prophet, a god or something... Or they may think... He is a demon or demonicly posessed, an evil person, anti establishment, etc... Back then anything that is not the norm or anyone that is *gifted* was either made a prophet or hated and persecuted.

Now also, we as humans are always looking for life on other worlds/planets... what if it does exist??? We would be very dumb to think we are it, the only life in this or any other universe. So what if a being or beings that resemble us humans or that can change their looks to look like us came to this world in the time of when religion was in it's infancy.

Now that would really screw with all the religion in the world today...

Hmmmmmm...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back