Do you believe in God? Anything after death?

Originally posted by dealer
even for those people that do not believe in god, there is still a life after...this is a provable fact;

for instance, a member mentioned worm food...even with this concept, your life goes forward from that very instant.

the worm becomes food, and everything the worm has eaten moves forward

and on and on, toward the top of the chain...

it's the circle of life

and what of your mind, your thoughts, your past...your "soul" so to speak.

even this moves forward.

any scientist will tell you, there can be, and is no destruction of energy.

none...

energy is eternal...though it can change form, from one energy to another, from light energy to heat, from heat energy to mechanical, mechanical to light.

and energy does in fact turn into mass, and back to energy again

a circle in life.

more on point, certain energy demonstrates cohesion...we've all heard of radio waves remaining cohesive for generations, haven't we

it is well within our understanding of physics that our "soul" is cohesive, and it can in fact, lie in wait...to move forward.

even without god,

this is the circle of life

matter of conjecture and opinion more than anything else :)

in which case I will express my opinion about it...

to me a LIVE object requires sentience... energy has not been shown to be sentient...

the fact that energy cannot be destroyed does not mean there is life after death.. the end of life per se means you are converted from a sentient being with energy to just energy....

religion does not base its teachings on scientific research and what not on a regular basis :) though it 'adapts' to the times so as to appear to be all embracing...

Originally posted by gonaads
Now everyone think about this... In the times when Religion was more or less created or began to actually be a form of mass religious practice there was very little in the form of technology. There wasn't any to speak of.

Now any one being/person that had a gift of supernatural power, be it telekinisis, being able to read a persons mind, levitation or whatever. If that person was to use their power to help people and speak of good and help one another and such, what would they think of that person??? Oh, he is a prophet, a god or something... Or they may think... He is a demon or demonicly posessed, an evil person, anti establishment, etc... Back then anything that is not the norm or anyone that is *gifted* was either made a prophet or hated and persecuted.

Now also, we as humans are always looking for life on other worlds/planets... what if it does exist??? We would be very dumb to think we are it, the only life in this or any other universe. So what if a being or beings that resemble us humans or that can change their looks to look like us came to this world in the time of when religion was in it's infancy.

Now that would really screw with all the religion in the world today...

Hmmmmmm...

religion will adapt... it has been shown in many religions that they embrace (not openly or with big fan fare) new findings and incorporate it into their own rhetoric...

your life moves forward in one form or another...this is not conjecture, this is fact...there is life after

your thoughts are the defining instance of sentience

your thoughts are energy

energy cannot be destroyed

no conjecture again

the only conjecture I made, was the cohesion of our soul.

whether or not this remains cohesive, might be the heaven and hell we speak of, but nevertheless, the energy is timeless, and lives...though maybe not as a commune

No, I am a non-believer.

Insofar as whether or not there is life after death... what makes you think you aren't already dead?

What would be your version of hell? Thinking that you are actually "alive", and have the power/ability to change your life?

All families are poisoned, in one way or another. Each and every one of us, if we are honest with ourselves, has a heavy heart and a head full of questions that are basically unanswerable.

Pure torture.

We fool ourselves into believing that we are "happy". Yet, when alone with our thoughts, we find that we are, in fact, not. Are we ever, really alone?

As an aside here, just about "every" war has begun in the name of religion.

Oh, alright.... and oil.

your life moves forward in one form or another...this is not conjecture, this is fact...there is life after

your thoughts are the defining instance of sentience

your thoughts are energy

energy cannot be destroyed

no conjecture again

fair enough.. then I'll change it from conjecture to opinion...

I don't think there is life after death.. my opinion...

till someone PROVES otherwise something cannot be called a fact... :)

definition of sentience :

1 : responsive to or conscious of sense impressions
2 : AWARE
3 : finely sensitive in perception or feeling
4 : feeling or sensation as distinguished from perception and thought

a rock cannot be considered to be life even though it has energy... however with your statements I could hypothesize that a rock is alive because it has enery :)

because something has energy does not prove life and therefore in my eyes you cannot prove life after death exists...

Originally posted by daTerminehtor We fool ourselves into believing that we are "happy".

sorry, our perception is the only judge in our own happiness.

quite obviously, if we believe we are happy, then by virtue of the beliefe, we are

sazar...I don't meen that we remain sentient when we move forward, that part is surely conjecture...and my hope

Originally posted by Sazar
to me a LIVE object requires sentience... energy has not been shown to be sentient...

the fact that energy cannot be destroyed does not mean there is life after death.. the end of life per se means you are converted from a sentient being with energy to just energy....

O.K. Suppose... You die :eek: Worms eat you (energy)... Worms crawl out of ground... Birds eat Worms or some other sentient being (energy again... to fuel the sentient being). Seem s like LIFE to me. It's not the same life but it IS life after death.

And remember all creatures have a mind/brain of one sort or another and use it to process and think things out, to a point. Some more than others, so they are sentient beings.

O.K. Suppose... You die :eek: Worms eat you (energy)... Worms crawl out of ground... Birds eat Worms or some other sentient being (energy again... to fuel the sentient being). Seem s like LIFE to me. It's not the same life but it IS life after death.

And remember all creatures have a mind/brain of one sort or another and use it to process and think things out, to a point. Some more than others, so they are sentient beings.

the key word to me there is DIE...

you cease to exist as a sentient being... therefore as a life...

you are only energy... without sentience you are NOT alive...

the idea of life after death is that you move to another plain or something akin to that... I highly doubt the church and any other religion that believes in life after death (hinduism for example) believes that you turn into poop or are only fodder for other sentient beings...

hence my argument that life after death is an opinion... not a fact... energy in itself is NOT sentient...

Originally posted by daTerminehtor
No, I am a non-believer.

Insofar as whether or not there is life after death... what makes you think you aren't already dead?

What would be your version of hell? Thinking that you are actually "alive", and have the power/ability to change your life?

All families are poisoned, in one way or another. Each and every one of us, if we are honest with ourselves, has a heavy heart and a head full of questions that are basically unanswerable.

Pure torture.

We fool ourselves into believing that we are "happy". Yet, when alone with our thoughts, we find that we are, in fact, not. Are we ever, really alone?

As an aside here, just about "every" war has begun in the name of religion.

Oh, alright.... and oil.

reminds me of one time when I was with my brother painting something and there was fumes and the gurage door was shut and he sparks up a cig. I was like man you coulda killed us!! He looked at me and said what if I did? we kinda just looked at each other like hmm maybe this is heaven?

i do believe in a higher being!! but as for religion ..YIKES i think religion is all about control and nothing more!! its causes more harm to others than anything else i can think of.

the key word to me there is DIE...

you cease to exist as a sentient being... therefore as a life...

you are only energy... without sentience you are NOT alive...

the idea of life after death is that you move to another plain or something akin to that... I highly doubt the church and any other religion that believes in life after death (hinduism for example) believes that you turn into poop or are only fodder for other sentient beings...

hence my argument that life after death is an opinion... not a fact... energy in itself is NOT sentient...

But as I said before in one of my previous posts, Only someone that has died and has returned from that can really say anything about life after death. And you can't say, "Oh they were just lingering around and they were not really dead"... When your heart stops you are dead. It doesn't matter if there is brain function or not. Some people that have had serious trauma to their head/brains and don't have brain function anymore and yet they are still alive. Granted they are on some sort of machine keeping them alive. So are you going to say they are no longer a sentient being? Doctors say that you are *Clinicaly Dead* but you/your body is still alive. So are you dead or alive?

And if you are dead but your body is alive, isn't that a form of life after dead? :p

But as I said before in one of my previous posts, Only someone that has died and has returned from that can really say anything about life after death. And you can't say, "Oh they were just lingering around and they were not really dead"... When your heart stops you are dead. It doesn't matter if there is brain function or not. Some people that have had serious trauma to their head/brains and don't have brain function anymore and yet they are still alive. Granted they are on some sort of machine keeping them alive. So are you going to say they are no longer a sentient being? Doctors say that you are *Clinicaly Dead* but you/your body is still alive. So are you dead or alive?

And if you are dead but your body is alive, isn't that a form of life after dead? :p

ok let me try and make my point clearer...

you DIE.. you CEASE TO EXIST as a SENTIENT BEING :)

(am just emphasizing point... not shouting btw... )

how then if you have ceased to exist as a sentient being can you CLAIM to be back?

if you die... you die...

btw... the term clinically dead is a human term and defines limitations/events based per OUR parameters...

once someone is dead... they are dead... there is no almost dead or died and came back and what not... :)

now now sazar

don't fall guilty of what you've accused others...turning your opinions into facts

"when you die, you die"

no, that's just your opinion...

and "when you die, there is no sentience".

again, no, that is just your opinion.

my opinion, is the energy the energy that was our soul remains cohesive.

your opinion is "no"

the funny thing is, if I'm right, we will both know eventually.

if you are right, neither of us will ever know.

this is a great bet for me

I can collect if I'm right, you cannot.

let's make it a million:cool:

now now sazar

don't fall guilty of what you've accused others...turning your opinions into facts

"when you die, you die"

no, that's just your opinion...

and "when you die, there is no sentience".

again, no, that is just your opinion.

my opinion, is the energy the energy that was our soul remains cohesive.

your opinion is "no"

the funny thing is, if I'm right, we will both know eventually.

if you are right, neither of us will ever know.

this is a great bet for me

I can collect if I'm right, you cannot.

let's make it a million:cool:

and this is what religion is based on ;)

hence why i don't believe it...

yes i believe in god and paradise after death to those who are believers and to hell with those who don't.

im surprised a lot of people said no, i hope that they are kidding or something like that...

Originally posted by almostfamous88
yes i believe in god and paradise after death to those who are believers and to hell with those who don't.

im surprised a lot of people said no, i hope that they are kidding or something like that...

why? just because someone does not have the same beliefs that you do makes them what? :)

per your saying I am going to go to hell :)

now I do find that a bit offensive but per my beliefs you are not going to heaven then too :) coz I don't believe there is such a place...

I spend my life negotiating laws and the like... I do not have time to negotiate the paths that are set down per the beliefs of religious leaders who have no idea what goes on in many aspects of the REAL world... (I am talking about leaders... not the many who follow the faiths)

and this is what religion is based on ;)

hence why i don't believe it...

well, we agree, this is what religion is based on...because religion is bad, does not mean the basis of religion is flawed though

Good thread here......

Lots of people voicing all kinds of theories and opinions... :) :)

IMO ... There is a God... Like some are saying you have to go with what you think is right... All else is speculation, opinion and theory. Once again ....... IMO :)

I'll sneek in a joke I heard a while ago:

God was being God up in his heaven, looking down on all the people going about their business. there were a bunch of scienists busy cloning all sorts of life from bugs to babies...

So as these scientists were getting smarter and smarter as they went along, they came up with this idea that they should confront God and have a little contest as to who could create a more perfect being....

Well ... when they confronted God with thier contest, God says: ' Well I'd be glad to have a little contest with you guys, you go first '.

Ok .. says the scientist, So the scientist reaches down for a hand full of dirt, But God stops him and says: ' Oh no..... Go get your own dirt, This dirt is mine'........

End of story.....

i didn't mean it like "oh your going to hell you *****!!!" i meant it like my opinion is that if you don't believe you will

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back