do not buy tomtom gps... period

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
man, in all my life I have NEVER had worse customer support, EVER

it was a simple issue, when I posted my problem they guaranteed response within 24 hours after the confirmation email which came right away with some FAQ links, not anything CLOSE to my issue

days later they finally responded...with nothing but an opology that they hadn't been on time with their response

THAT WAS IT!

no resolution to my problem, no suggestion, nothing.

I sent them five follow ups, waited a couple of days each and STILL no response

the subject was not closed, it's still open but they have yet to respond

this unit is going back and I will get a full refund, I will get gps from another company, the dell unit I had before demonstrated EXCELLANT customer support and I am pretty sure garmin is good too

I was about to purchase about a dozen gps for my drivers, they won't be tomtom...hopefully I will have prevented some of you from buying from this company as well

DO NOT GET TOMTOM GPS

Garmin sounds like best bet for your wheeled compadres.

Bonne Chance Perris.
I just posted my experience on other boards and so far already a few people saying garmin is a great choice

I also gave tomtom links to my threads so they see the folly of their ways...too late for me but I know they will lose buyers because of their awful support

Last edited:
my dad uses tomtom for windows mobile and runs it on his hp smartphone/pda. Doesn't have any issues with it.

What problem are you having? The TomTom software tends to crash from time to time and the only solution is to press the reset button found near to the power connector.

I think Garmin products are probably the best out there, but personally, I find that TomTom is the most easiest to use (unless you got used to using others, of course.)

What problem are you having? The TomTom software tends to crash from time to time and the only solution is to press the reset button found near to the power connector.

I think Garmin products are probably the best out there, but personally, I find that TomTom is the most easiest to use (unless you got used to using others, of course.)
it was a STUPID issue

they have a promo on the box, the promo code doesn't work, all they have to do is give me a new promo code or say something like "that's expired", to which I will show them it's not expired...or whatever dialogue at all

THAT'S IT...they never even got back to me to try to tell me something like "the box is wrong" or whatever, they just ignored the dialogue entirely

now my unit goes back and they'll have to sell it as a repackage, they won't get my company's bussiness, they won't get bussiness from my posts across the internet

idiots

Garmin is the better company. Tom Tom is having major issues with their growing business.

Did you ever try Linksys, ASUS, etc etc?

Personally I use TOMTOM 5 on my PDA. Hasn't ever left me down. So I think it's just personal. I do not believe it is a good idea to advise others not to buy something based on a single, non product, issue. The product itself is good, maybe the support, or rather the support employee, could be better.

Years ago we had a beerbrand in The Netherlands called BUCKLER. One night a rather famous comedian called, on tv, men who drank this BUCKLER beer "Buckler pricks". One month later Buckler was out of business in the Netherlands... The beer was actually quite good (afaic anyway).

I think that Budweiser sucks. But alas, they continue to produce the ****. His opinion is what matters, and if enough people have the same, the company dies. So if a brewery or TomTom goes under it isn't that I have or he has said anything, it is that ALOT of people have the same thoughts.

Everything is dictated by the market. Unless they have alot of money to pour into a project.

Men who drink Budweiser are "Bud pricks"

*crosses fingers*

My dad swears by TomTom and he's tried most of the alternatives out there, he did like Garmin, not sure if he's tried any of their more recent devices. The Garmin he has I believe has been relegated to the cupboard (unless he's going out on a boat) as the TomTom software on his PDA is more useful and less to carry.

Did you ever try Linksys, ASUS, etc etc?

Personally I use TOMTOM 5 on my PDA. Hasn't ever left me down. So I think it's just personal. I do not believe it is a good idea to advise others not to buy something based on a single, non product, issue. The product itself is good, maybe the support, or rather the support employee, could be better.

Years ago we had a beerbrand in The Netherlands called BUCKLER. One night a rather famous comedian called, on tv, men who drank this BUCKLER beer "Buckler pricks". One month later Buckler was out of business in the Netherlands... The beer was actually quite good (afaic anyway).
they need to at least have dialogue, I even told them I would make the issue public.

they have yet to do do anything but say they were sorry for not getting back in time, then they didn't get back at all...this is more then ten days of no response what so ever

sorry, my opinion is this company SHOULD go out of bussiness if they can't give their customers support

judging by how much they care about the people that have purchased their product if they go out of bussiness I've done the public a service

Last edited:
Perris I feel for you. Sounds like the debacle I had with ATI 2 years ago. Sold hardware that didn't work and refused refund or trade to different model. Their 2 day tech response was lost the first time and the secodn time it took 10 days to get a response. 8 hours on the phone to tech support (I would bill that for $1000 in my business). They did RMA for another of same model that was even worse (shipping cost me another $15 and an hour of my time). Offered me $50 back for a $300 card that was 3 weeks old. Major bunch of pricks.

After 4 months they brought out drivers that made the card marginally useable.

I'll never buy ATI again and now that they are part of AMD I'm an Intel man. I have the slight satsfaction of knowing I've pulled about 20 customers (~$20k in sales) away from ATI/AMD but it doesn't make up for the aggravation.

Return the POS immediately. Tom-Tom has made their support policy abundantly clear already. They no longer need or want new customers.

I have a Sony Gps, the Nav-U 70T, and am fully satisfied with it: ease of use, precision. I never go the wrong way anymore (orientation is my main weakness).

it was a simple issue, when I posted my problem they guaranteed response within 24 hours after the confirmation email which came right away with some FAQ links, not anything CLOSE to my issue

days later they finally responded...with nothing but an opology that they hadn't been on time with their response

THAT WAS IT!

no resolution to my problem, no suggestion, nothing.

I sent them five follow ups, waited a couple of days each and STILL no response

the subject was not closed, it's still open but they have yet to respond

this unit is going back and I will get a full refund, I will get gps from another company, the dell unit I had before demonstrated EXCELLANT customer support and I am pretty sure garmin is good too

I was about to purchase about a dozen gps for my drivers, they won't be tomtom...hopefully I will have prevented some of you from buying from this company as well

DO NOT GET TOMTOM GPS
i had problems with tom tom as well never answered my mails and when they did they where very unhelpful i second that dont buy tom tom

i use tomtom on my HTC 7500 ..havent had a problem yet with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back