do i need to install SP1 Service Pack???

E

EMDY

i have installed all available updates to my system.....so my question is ......do i need to download and install SP1 Service Pack????

There is a security issue that needs to be fixed if you don't install sp1. Seems easy to do. It was mentioned here how to yesterday in one of the threads.

my problem is that i have a Prohibited CD-Key.....so what can i do??

normally, i get a little..annoyed when people reply to this question with "buy it", but its true. You really should buy it. I had the prohibited key about...9 months ago, and i liked it, so i bought it. I figured, if i liked the OS enough, i would buy it, and i did. I know a lot of people don't have the money to do so, and it took me a while before i can get enough to buy the OS, but..well..i dunno. i guess to sum it up, i guess the best thing you can do that is legal is buy it.

ok......i think this is what i will do.......but i have another question......do i have to buy only the upgrade or the whole OS.....what should i buy????

Has to be the full version for my liking. If you look around you should be able to get one cheap enough. Just keep looking.

I bought the upgrade. It was cheaper, but whenever I reformat I have to first install win98 and then winxp. It's a hassle.

i know this is maybe not the topic.....but what is basically the diference between XP Home and XP Pro?????.......in general.....

From what I understand pro is more suited for the business person. More networking stuff basically.

nothing really just that winxp pro has file encrpt , removte desktop and a couple of security progs.

Unlike the person said b4 if you Buy the Upgrade CD then you do not need to install a dif OS 1st you just need the previous OS's Cd it will ask you for it if it does not see its installed you insert the old OS's cd and wait like 30 secs it scans the files and says ok cool now re insert XP cd and it will install

On the diferences use the Search key there is a topic i Posted a url that shows pros cons/difs between pro and home
I just cant remember it atm

you really kick a** rodneyck this TweakTown.com was a lot, and i mean a lot of help.....thanks to you........every one should try it, i you have problems with installing the SP1 Service Pack.....it worked for me........

Glad I could help, it's a great site. Now, if only neowin.net would come back online... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back