Do FXs have FULL DX9 support

A

adamg

No intention to start a flame war here, seen enough of those :). I just really need to know this cause it gets quite confusing.

1. Do the Nvidia FX5xxx series of cards have FULL DirectX 9 implementation? and if not...
2. ...why? This doesnt sound like good business sense.

They do support directx 9. that is the one good thing about the 5200's.

I ask 'cos the FX5600 for example can't run some games in DX9 mode - is this because it doesnt have a full dx9 set or is it how it is programmed?

supporting something does not mean it does it well...

the nv 31/34 series don't generally have very good dx9 shader speed...

as it stands there are some effects/shaders et al in dx9 that have yet to be fully exposed in the drivers for nvidia and ati...

even so future drivers will not be able to wring much performance across the board unless nvidia invests a fair amount of time to replace default game shaders with something that runs faster on its hardware...

Originally posted by adamg
I ask 'cos the FX5600 for example can't run some games in DX9 mode
this is with the latest drivers, even? doesn't seem right...

i remember seeing it on some benchmark site, but i dont remember what drivers they were using.

Originally posted by taurus
this is with the latest drivers, even? doesn't seem right...

considering that in some cases the performance using ps 2.0 shaders may not be good enough it is highly likely that the product falls back to ps 1.4 or lower (ie dx 8.1 or below)

even with the latest drivers...

problem with most tests is they concentrate on the high end... not the mainstream to low end...

even with performance improvements it is unlikely single digit fps are going to be playable init ?

:cool:

Originally posted by Sazar

even with performance improvements it is unlikely single digit fps are going to be playable init ?

:cool:

It gives me a good chuckle when a new driver will bring a test up from from 6 fps to 8 fps, and reviewers start calling it a "33% increase in performance" instead of "a performance increase that is still utterly meaningless" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
It gives me a good chuckle when a new driver will bring a test up from from 6 fps to 8 fps, and reviewers start calling it a "33% increase in performance" instead of "a performance increase that is still utterly meaningless" :rolleyes:
yup

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back