Do computers only use 10% of their brain too!?

Do you think computers only use 10% of their brain too!?

• Yes, I'd say thats about right!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No way man, I think ur way off!!!

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Impulse4life

Windows Perfectionist
This thought came across me when I thought about my computer as being a $2000 (CAD) music player & game console!!! Now I do use my computer for more then JUST that, much like alot of us, BUT when you try to think of the amount of crap that a computer IS & CAN be used for as opposed to the average home user, I would think the percentage is alot like humans which is close to 10% (or so were told) What do you think!? :cool:

my average is less but thats why it automatically runs underclocked till required...

only time I need 100% is for gaming or large code compiles and the like..

It's all down to the processor really. If you think about it, if 1 clock cycle means the process of 1 instruction, then the machine will be processing 3200000000 pieces of instruction every second (3.2GHz). May have left a few zeros out. :p
Anyway, 10% utilisation on a processor like that is A LOT of processing already.

also, that thing about humans using only 10% of thier brains, its bull. it was made up for some ad campaign or something, and somehow filtered into common belief.

My brain uses only 10%? I thought it was on full throttle, I must be dense.

anyone who believes it is quite possibly only using 10% of thier brain.

leedogg said:
This is not entirely true. God gave man a penis and a brain, but supplied him with only enough blood to run one at a time.

ROFLMAO!!!

:D

Human use more than 10% of their brains, but to use a computer analogy, how much work (utilization) do we use? I don't think that we really use our brains to there full potential, and we can find many instances of that. Some people have the ability to instantly memorize things by just looking at them once (photographic memory), speed reading with full conprehention of the text, and if you belive in it, ESP reguardless the level. Some people have these abilities and others don't. Some, like speed reading can be learned while others like photographic memory seem to be something that you are born with and not something you can train your mind to do.

One of my favorites that I am able to do to a small percentage is I can heal cuts and such that I get by focusing my mind on healing it. No, not the dame day or while you watch, but I have found that by concentrating on the cut, everyday before I goto bed for instance I reduce the time it takes to heal the cut. I even got rid of a wart I once had on my finger this way after all the OTC treatments fialed and I thought I would have to have it frozen off.

So I really think that we can use our brains for much more than we do. And I really hope we don't use 100% of our brains, otherwise were screwed on the possibility that we can become more than we currently are.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back