DNS or AD error.....?

fixitchris

OSNN Junior Addict
I am getting the following error on many workstations. It looks like the path is invalid to the ldap server (ldap/dc2.domain.com/domain.com@domain.com.). Where is this path pulled from?

should be: ldap/dc2.domain.com ???

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: LSASRV
Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator)
Event ID: 40961
Date: 5/23/2007
Time: 4:41:38 AM
User: N/A
Computer: xpstation
Description:
The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/dc2.domain.com/domain.com@domain.com. No authentication protocol was available.

I'm assuming this is an XP machine (since the computer name is listed as xpstation).

My first question is was this machine created from an image (ie: ghost or other such disk imaging utility)?

Have you tried removing the computer from the domain, resetting the computer account, and readding the computer to the domain?

No it is a regular install. This is happening on many xp workstations. There is a 1030 event as well. I have not re-added the workstations.

Couple things to check:

Is your dns setup correctly? Both in the DHCP scope (assuming you are using DHCP) as well as on the domain controllers. DNS should point to Active Directory DNS

What OS are your domain controllers running? If your DC's are win2k, have you updated all DC's to SP4?

Are you using IPSec to secure traffic?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back