DMI Pool error?

I

inaminit

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I think the problem might be OS related. If not, sorry for the fumble on my first post.

The other day I took the can of air to my computer insides to clean out the five pound dust balls. After bringing the box back inside and reconnecting the cables, I rebooted and after the POST was done I got the following message:

Verifing DMI Pool . . .

I always get this but on this occasion it was followed with:

Error, press any key to reboot.

But pressing any key simply got me another note that there was an error and that I should press a key to reboot. I went into the BIOS to see what I could find and after fiddling with this for a while with no success, I put the BIOS settings to Fail Safe Defaults and the system finally booted up just fine. But I'm worried even though everything seems to be working fine, that something might be failing hardware wise. If it's just something in WinXP I'll reinstall if I have to, that doesn't bother me.

Has anyone seen this before, or can anyone tell me what the DMI Pool is?

Thanx, inaminit

I'm running a Homemade:
AMD 750 mhz, 512 mb, BioStar motherboard, Award Modular BIOS, WinXP Home

sounds like you have knocked a cable loose m8.

This issue can be caused by any of the following:

Corrupt boot files on the computer.
Settings for hard disk drive are not correct.
Boot devices not set properly.
BIOS corrupt or misc. setting not set properly.
Connections loose or disconnected.
Bad Hard disk drive or other bad hardware.
Additional information:

See our DMI dictionary definition page

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back