DMA problem...

G

GeeZuZz

hey,

i can't enable DMA on my pioneer DVD drive. I have it on the same cable as one of my harddrives, and the harddrive only runs in DMA1 mode (it is a ata-100 disk)

Look at the screenshot i attached.

can anyone help??

it is actually the harddrive that is the problem, but i've heard that it can't run in ultra dma mode if it is on a cable with a PIO device...

I know it is possible to run the DVD-player in DMA mode, because i've done it before.

Try switching them around, set it up as the slave, etc. Set it up with a different IDE device... that sort of thing.

hmm. it just figured out something.

It's my HD that runs in PIO mode!! woerghhhh!!!! i hate DMA - ATA 100 and all that stuff!!!! nothing workes in my PC!!

tried all jumper settings, and i'm running the harddrive as single, but still only PIO mode.

I even downloaded a IBM harddrive utillity dos program, and changed the drive to Ultra DMA mode 5 - and it told me that it was done successfully. (the HD powered off and on)

i think this is the reason why I always dropped frames when capturing video from TV...

The only thing I can think to suggest is to try and get the drives (2 isn't it?) working on the Raid controller side. Hook them back up to that and go into your raid bios and fiddle around. I don't have a clue what the problem could be.

I'm not going to start trying that RAID thing again. I have realized that it does NOT work. I think it must be the hardware.

I have 3 HD's and one DVD-ROM.

disk 1 and 2 runs on IDE1 (Ultra DMA mode 3) and workes fine.
disk 3 and DVD runs on IDE2 as the screenshot shows.

IDE3 and IDE4 is the blue ATA-100 slots - but i can't use them.

yes, but i figured out that my DVD-drive works fine, it is the HD that runs in PIO mode...

Silly question?

Can you tell me how did you get (always there?) the "advanced tab" in the secondary IDE Properties. I do not have that, using XP pro.

Jim

i always have the advanced tab - might be related to the mainboard.

Still no help to get?

Here's the deal right now:

I have a IBM Harddrive that only runs in PIO mode. I've tried all different jumper settings, i've tried all combinations possible. (single as IDE1/IDE2/IDE3, master IDE1/2/3, slave IDE1/2/3 etc.)
what's the difference between the jumper settings on IBM drives? 15pin, 16pin, 2GB clip, auto spin disable

I'm 50 percent sure that this drive has been in DMA mode before...

please...............................................................

i always have the advanced tab - might be related to the mainboard.

Still no help to get?

Here's the deal right now:

I have a IBM Harddrive that only runs in PIO mode. I've tried all different jumper settings, i've tried all combinations possible. (single as IDE1/IDE2/IDE3, master IDE1/2/3, slave IDE1/2/3 etc.)
what's the difference between the jumper settings on IBM drives? 15pin, 16pin, 2GB clip, auto spin disable

I'm 50 percent sure that this drive has been in DMA mode before...

please...............................................................

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back