Dlp Vs Lcd Vs Plasma?

Not correct...

They MAY have an LCD PROJECTION screen... or perhaps a plasma it is NOT however an LCD... LCD do not get burn-in, they can get ghost images which can be removed, although over all color and brightness are diminished when you do so..

Yes, it's an LCD projection TV and it has a burned-in image. I should have been more specific on that.

I have a 42" Samsung DLP and I agree that DLP sets give you the most for your money. I'd like to say that I have a 1080p set, but in reality I'm fine with 720p or 1080i as practically no HD stations broadcast in 1080p at this point.

Yes, it's an LCD projection TV and it has a burned-in image. I should have been more specific on that.

What were they projecting??

It shouldnt have done that unless they just left it there for hours, and hours, and HOURS, and... HOURS... I think you get it :cry:

Sad really... oh well... lessons learned...

Mike A!

What were they projecting??

It shouldnt have done that unless they just left it there for hours, and hours, and HOURS, and... HOURS... I think you get it :cry:

Sad really... oh well... lessons learned...

Mike A!

I don't know what was on that caused it. :suprised:

If you are in for the craze.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000140513+1114317814&name=1920+x+1080

After I got a basic 480P unit for watching my DVD's and doing a bit of gaming, all my friends got into them. Jason got a nice 720P LCD for under $3K that he loves. And I wait till the format war is over, content with my 480P while the bull**** battle rages. Very few places use more then 720P and even that is most likely upscaled. ESPN uses "HD" as they have ESPN logo's on the sides of their broadcast. Again Bull****.

So far as DLP being crap, I dunno, I have seen most of the top brands, and most are ****ty when they are not setup right, and all the gag on it's new crowd likes DLP as well as LCD in projectors provided it is done right. And so long as you do not see the "rainbow" you are fine. Plus playing movies and games at 120" is badass.

The "rainbow effect" has been resolved just as Plasma burn-in appears to have been. Personally, when it comes to buying electronics I do a lot of research. I never leave it up to the salesperson at whatever store to try and teach me something, much less recommend something to me! After researching the different technologies and reading reviews of specific models, I found the best choice for me to be a DLP. A comparable LCD or Plasma unit was at least several hundred dollars more, and that made the decision even easier. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back