• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DLL Call Crash and Window Explorer Closes

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. I am trying to install a software and it crashes and shows that a DLL called for the crash and the same time my window explorer window closes. What could be wrong? thanks. :(

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Could use some more info. What's the software and what's the exact error? Also, your version of Windows could help, too.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
the full code is :

"Error Number: 0x80040707
Description: DLL Function Call Crashed: PbkInstall._GetBookNames
Setup will terminate "

I hope this helps. :(

Xie

- geek -
Do you happen to have Outlook 2003 installed? Did a quick google search and seems to be the cause .. why I don't know. :p

*edit* - I have no idea if this works but from reading you can hit ctr-alt-del when you get the error message (without hitting ok) and look for setup.exe and kill that. Then you should be able to upgrade the app. Again I have no idea but you could try it. :p

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
yes, i have office 2003 installed. i don't use google search engine :)

i'll try the ctrl-alt-del function then. thanks.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
I had retried downloading the file again but the same problem. since it is a rar file and tried to open it with winace the problem still existed. i will try to open it with winrar and repair the file, then try to install it again. thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test