Divx

Android412

OSNN Addict
Is there any difference between the free divx codec, and the pro codec as far as the viewing/decoding side?

Thanks
Android412

Is there any difference between the free divx codec, and the pro codec as far as the viewing/decoding side?

Thanks
Android412
Im pretty sure that the pro package just comes with a full player and stuff.
I think the codec is the same, and im pretty sure you dont need the pro package.

I know I dont need it, I was just wondering if it was any better of a decoder

Im pretty sure that the pro package just comes with a full player and stuff.
I think the codec is the same, and im pretty sure you dont need the pro package.

no thats what you said....Ha..the free codec will be just fine, all the other programs are useless unless you want them...

divx's decoder and encoder can't compare to the likes of ffdshow and xvid respectively. the past year or so has seen it come close, but divx is still commercial while the other two are open source & free :)

divx's decoder and encoder can't compare to the likes of ffdshow and xvid respectively. the past year or so has seen it come close, but divx is still commercial while the other two are open source & free :)

While what you say is true... my experience is playing an xvid with ac3 audio on a divx certified dvd player will fail in one way or another every single time. On the other hand playing an actual divx file on a divx certified player has never failed at all.

rotjong

playing an xvid with ac3 audio on a divx certified dvd player will fail in one way or another every single time

that is likely because of incorrect settings. things like qpel and GMC are incompatible with current mpeg4 capable players.

other than that, some players are pickier than others, you may need to change the fourcc to DX50.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back