• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DIVX Question

M

makaveli

I recently installed the divx code 4.0 [I believe that was the version], however when using the media player, or anything to view .avi files, or other divx's, I get some nasty ass green bar in the middle of the video output. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

S

slipvayne

well how big is the movie? if it's under 300 megs and s about 1 to 1 and a half hours long then it is a SMR movie. and they are worse quality as most SMR movies are filmed in the cinema (bootleg) so if it's an SMR than the green bar is part of the movie

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
aka a screener, the latest codec is 4.11 I suggest that you check it out... is this happening with all AVI files?
"Divx files" are avi files encoded with the divx codec.

M

makaveli

DIVX

Actually, yes it is happening with all avi files, no matter what release they are. I had it happen in Windows 2000, and then installed some divx crap, which fixed it, and also had it in XP for awhile and installed somethin and it stopped. Where can I get Divx 4.11 from [perhaps that will fix it]

Thanks!

G

geedUP

get the divx player
i dont know y, but sum divx doesnt play in media player, but it plays fine in THE PLAYA
i hae 4.11 and get same prob, but THE PLAYA fixes it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage